Engine Driven Compressor info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/M13HTY
i bought mine from this guy..... *tho i cannt say it fits perfect yet*.... not until i get it installed atleast! just got afew more pieces to get before i can try bolting this setup on. im not saying the bracket is no good or nothing like that... but im just being honest that i havent installed it yet.
i have him also getting me a 16ft hydraulic hose with the york fitting made 1 piece so i can run it from the york all the way to my air tank inside the bed! its a bit overkill HELL YES. but one less connection to worry about leaks so why not!
im gonna try to instal it monday or tuesday. tho i wont be able to let it fill my tank until i get the hose for it. :(
but anyways anyone know what temp the air is coming off this pump? im wondering if i can get away with a cheap smc check valve right after both water traps or if i should spend more and get a steel one that can handle heat no problem. or do most people just not use a check valve off the york. i guess since it should recharge so fast i guess some leaks out the pump wouldnt be to bad overnight.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ok well im still piecing mine together. i got the york bolted on but napa had to order the new serp belt and also order a radiator hose but the longest they have is 36inches and i think i need 40. so i might have to try and hopefully it will be long enough.... if not ill have to piece 2 sections with my stock hose. the only other radiator hose they had is like 15bucks a foot and i sure as hell dont want to spend 65bucks for a single radiator hose if i can get around it! :(
im trying to do the vent mod right now BUT the fitting i got from lowes which i thought would fit wont screw into the york. i guess the threads are just alittle different :(
what you guys use for your vent mod fittings? i tried regular 1/8 pipe thread and itsno good. i need to try other type fittings i guess. im hoping to get this vent mod done. BUT ANYWAYS IF I DONT how long can i typically go between checking oil? or will it run funny and id be able to notice a difference maybe.
You must be registered for see images attach

also does the head get real hot? curious if my alternators power wire might have issues melting into it pump. it would be easiest to just leave it tucked behind the pump but if heat might be a issue then i guess ill be forced to make a small bracket to hold the wire above and away from the pump.

You must be registered for see images attach

wish somebody had a more detailed crankcase vent mod write up.

i also ordered a K&N filter for the suction intake. i was gonna just put it right ontop but after seeing this york on the motor im not sure if ill have room to just clamp it straight onto it, might have to rig up alittle elbow for it.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also yes the compressor head get's very hot, do not have anything touching it at all. I am still looking for more info for you.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ok so ill have to fab up alittle bracket to hold the wire above the pump. just gotta slap it infront and up high enough to clear the belt.