Engine Driven Compressor info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i got a question.... found this last week in junkyard of a old Ranchero
anyone know why it has this MASSIVE flywheel on its clutch setup?
im kinda curious... i havent seen any new yorks or clutches with them. this is the first one ive seen with this monster onto it!

You must be registered for see images attach

i got 50bucks in the pump so not to bad.

i have yet to test this york but i asume shes the 210 from her shape but by spinning by hand i feel suction and output so shes gotta be good i asume. i still need to power the clutch and see if it works or not and just hope when i do hook it up it works good!
and of course i thought about doing dual york210s LOL but i think that be overkill. main reason i bought it for is my 66impala. i figure after i finish my trucks air ride my impala is next! and i kinda wish i started with it first. its suposed to be super easy since its all coil springs anyways!

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I would assume the weighted flywheel is to help add mass to the rotating assembly. The motor may have been under powered to spin the clutch while compressing the freon. Or for balance?

Two yorks would be overkill. You will be amazed how fast one is. From the pics it does look like a 210.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Has anyone found the rotolock tube o fittings cheaper than kilby has them?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have seen several York's with that type of pulley with the counter balance on it, it can all be removed and have a regular serp. coil and clutch installed, also I will add that when you swap clutch's be sure to get the match coil because they are different from V belt pulley to a serp type. Usually the coil comes with the clutch in most cases when you buy a new clutch.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody have an email for the guy who makes the brackets for these compressors? I dont have a facebook and dont want one.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
I would assume the weighted flywheel is to help add mass to the rotating assembly. The motor may have been under powered to spin the clutch while compressing the freon. Or for balance?

Two yorks would be overkill. You will be amazed how fast one is. From the pics it does look like a 210.
O I am amazed at how fast these pump ;) got one on my truck but I bought it rebuilt and new clutch. Can ya amagine two of these pumpin tho lol Insain air the . But no not for my truck. I bought it for m old 66implala and its a Vbelt already so as Lon as the clutch works that would be great for me! After I get this truck do e I'll wanting to bag my old impala ;)