Encounters with your GMT-400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most of my encounters with disaster were all with one trailer, my 1999 Forest River Sandpiper.
Bought it in October of 2021 after I bought my house, pulling it home from my buddies place I blew the fuse for the brake controller and wound up pulling the damn thing home with no brakes.
Second time was my first camping trip with it, one of the bars for the weight distribution hitch came unpinned and was drug on the ground for a few miles before I stopped to check; and I checked everything before I left my place.
My big trip down to Mrytle Beach was a doozy. Broke the leaf spring on the camper and didn't even realize it! Pulled it almost an hour on a busted spring and my friend noticed it when we were backing the camper into the spot at the campgrounds. Spent a solid day and a half of my vacation wrenching on that camper.

I miss having a camper, but I sure as **** don't miss that camper!

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought that this thread would be about extraterrestrial encounters with our trucks.
I left my old F-150 at work for a couple of days and came in at 4 am and hauled two drunks under the canopy from tacoma wa to olympia wa before they woke up.
I damn neer pissed myself when they started banging on the back of the cab.
I was supposed to go to Onalaska washington and shear christmas trees.
We ended up going to a bar in centralia wa that has a full on naked Burt Reynolds poster on the wall and getting **** faced.
And we had an awesome time and I drove them back home and never saw those guys again.
went in to port angelas wa after 52 hours of being awake and trying to not ******* drown because I didnt understand that I had signed up with people who had less experiance than I did. I was 19 years old at the time.
That is a whole different story of stupid.
Went to a restaruant at the head of the dock and our waitress was not only kind and understanding of our frazzled barely able to think nonsense..
She was also really cool and just a remarkable person.
So I waited around untill 6pm when she ended her shift and I got some fish and chips which Im pretty sure she had seen her fill of in her life.
And we sat at the end of the dock in Port Angeles Wa and talked about our lives untill 2am.
I had to get back on the boat at 3 so I walked her back to her car and that was it and we didnt have enough time to figure out how we felt about each other.
She could have been the one.
But I was also once married to a woman who tried to chuck a running skilsaw into the swimming pool while I was on my big floating cup holder raft.
Ive also been shot in the leg with a 22 and stabbed in the head with a gigantic meat fork at thanksgiving
All from different women.
The key to life is to find someone who is free enough in thier own mind and are secure enough to think that you are despite all of your faults not so ******* bad that they feel the need to chuck power tools in the tub or stab you in the head during the holidays especially when you have company around.
Just as a kind of general rule of thumb?
And probably on Martha Stewarts list?
Stabbing your husband in the the head with a gigantic meat fork during thanksgiving while little children are watching may just maybe wring all of the fun right the **** out of the whole damn party and make them not so eager for next years little get toghether.
In the name of all that is holy and by the power of grayskull may you please be arrested for dui before you wreck another holiday for anyone or kill somebody.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
She could have been the one.
You never know.

I was almost murdered by my first wife, who would've killed me with my own damn Colt 45. My trusty M1991A1, re-issue/minor re-engineering of the 1911 aka "government model" - bought brand new in 1991. She's a good shot, too. Her plan was to take me out, then do herself. I was lucky; I was warned ahead of time. Got rid of her (took her back to her parents), still have the Colt. Edit - this not necessarily being "gmt400 encounter related" - it was almost immediately after I divorced her that I bought my first gmt400 :) the white '92 ECLB C1500 that I later did the Caddy clip on.

Richard

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty minor incident, but my most recent. At around 11:30 one night the serpentine belt decided to jump off my ‘92 454. I drove the ten minutes home with no power brakes, steering, or, obviously, a functioning cooling system. Not very smart to bake the ol girl like that, but I installed the belt the next day, changed oil and coolant, and she’s been running like a top ever since.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You never know.

I was almost murdered by my first wife, who would've killed me with my own damn Colt 45. My trusty M1991A1, re-issue/minor re-engineering of the 1911 aka "government model" - bought brand new in 1991. She's a good shot, too. Her plan was to take me out, then do herself. I was lucky; I was warned ahead of time. Got rid of her (took her back to her parents), still have the Colt. Edit - this not necessarily being "gmt400 encounter related" - it was almost immediately after I divorced her that I bought my first gmt400 :) the white '92 ECLB C1500 that I later did the Caddy clip on.

Richard
Yep. My last ex wife took out a 2.5 million dollar life insurance policy on me.
At the time it seemed like a reasonable thing to do because I was an Ironworker.
But everytime I went up on the roof to replace some bad shingles or chimney flashing she would move one leg of the ladder off of the concrete and into the dirt.
She would go into my gunsafe and load a round in every firearm and then claim that I had done it because I was "forgetfull"
That is the very definition of "gaslighting"
When I changed the combination on the safe she lost her friggen mind and accused me of cheating because she couldnt screw around with my firearms.
Im not sure who she thought I had locked up in the gun safe.
So she decided to start buying her own guns and leave them around the house as some kind of a threat.
She bought a brand new 357 magnum and wrapped it in Colorado state divorce papers and then cut my relatives heads out of my old picturtes and superglued them and pictures of our cats to the wrapped up revolver and coated it with glitter.
She came into my office at a multi million dollar construction company with a brand new Kimber .45 and field stripped and put it back toghether in front of me, our other project manager, my entire engineering team and our office manager.
And then she left.
The ****** up part of this is that everybody knew that I carried.
A pretty big part of my job is to get us paid.
Back in the day it was not unusual at all to have to drive accross the country and pick up a check for a couple of million bucks in order to make payroll.
When some out of state **** thinks he can rip you off?
Gas up the truck get some beef jerkey and some cheetos and invite a couple of "staff members" to go on a roadtrip.
We will drive right on over and help you find your wallet.
Right after 9/11 that was really normal for me.
Nobody could fly and what most people dont realize is that almost all of the construction finance and bonding and banking industry ******* vanished when the towers came down.
We went back to actual paper and contracts for a few months.
That was my job and everybody knew it.
Right up untill the ex did her little stundt and then the peeing of diapers started.
Basically, the armed guy is married to a ******* loon who just showed up at the office with a gun.
And they were right about her in every way it just took me awhile to figure it out.
Because we had a 4 thousand foot house and new cars and a boat and piss loads of money.
And then she took my cat in and had him de-clawed in order to "teach me a lesson"
Yes, that is an actual quote from her.
There were many many many reasons for me to get the **** away from her.
But I had stood up before my friends and family and taken an oath.
For better or worse, richer or poorer, ******* foresaking all others
Do you hereby swear that you will screw your future over by marrying this nut bag.
Yep.
She is a serial pet adopter and serial pet killer.
She volunteers at various pet rescue places and adopts them and then loads them up on meds for diseases they dont have and posts on social media when they die and goes and adopts some more.
I have mentioned this many times but it is worth saying again.
If your cat doesnt like them, and your dog doesnt like them?
Run right the **** away from them.
That very moment. When she showed me that she had used that little innocent cat as a pawn in her little game changed everything.
I looked her and I puked.
6 years of bile spewed out of me.
She was just so disgusting and gross and so feeble that she would mutilate a little cat in order to prove to me that she was a piece of ****.
I have a few ex wives and ex girlfriends.
We are on facebook fer ***** sake
But that ***** is just mean and evil.
My cat, Cody? When I left Denver I couldnt take him with me so my friends Lisa and Tim took him in and even though he peed all over Tims movie collection on the first day.
He lived to be 22 years old and they called him "cody toes"
because he didnt have any toes.

GMC_YA_L8R

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, my close call can't compare to that ^ but I'll put it down here anyway.

Picture this: Sicily, 1945. The truck--a 1989 GMC Sierra c1500 SLE. I'm a 16 year old kid with a smoking hot girlfriend that I want to take with me to visit some family. It's our first "excursion" out of our county together. We ask permission from both sets of parents. Mine was all good. Hers...not so much. Her father refused to let her ride with me down the turnpike so he made her ride with him as he followed me from Tulsa to OKC. Everything goes well and we meet my family member at a Flying J and she is allowed to ride with me from that point on since it's just surface streets. The visit goes great, my older sister is pleading with me not to run this girl off because she thinks she might be wife material, we have a good time.

While there visiting, my sister had a set of old Chevy wheels that the previous owner of the house had left behind. She tells me I can have them so I try two on the driver's side to see if I like the look. I didn't. I take them back off and slap my wheels back on. We leave a couple hours later. We get maybe 20 miles down the road and I feel this weird feeling in the steering wheel. Don't think much of it, it's an old truck. Go a few more miles and it gets SIGNIFICANTLY worse. Like, I think we're about to die in a fiery crash and her huge cowboy father will probably resurrect me just so he can kill me himself for harming his daughter. The end is near for me.

So, I do the right thing and pull over (Thank God) to have a look at what's happening. I hop out, look down and drivers front wheel and realize I had only finger tightened all the lug nuts on the driver's side from wheel swapping. My stomach clenches into a knot as I try to remain calm in front of said smoking hot girlfriend who has only been allowed to come with me by the Grace of God himself.

Anywho, I break out the 4 way, tighten things up, force her to swear to secrecy, and we roll on down the road. And, here we are, 15 years later and the truck is long gone but the smoking hot girlfriend stuck around and we'll be welcoming our first baby to the world end of April.

Moral of the story or TLDR: DRIVE A CHEVY. GET HOT CHICKS. PROFIT.