Ebay Headlight opinions!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so I've been researching what crystal clear headlight housings I should buy for my 94' the last few weeks. From what I've gathered the TYC Elegante's are the best that is available, but I really don't want to drop $130 on a set of headlights. So I've been searching Ebay for a set of Headlight housings that share the same characteristics as the TYC's. I knew that i definitely wanted a set that had glare caps for the low beams, and i wanted a set that had a nice spread pattern. Anyways, here is the link to what i think is my best bet:

94-98 GMC SIERRA HEAD LIGHTS+PARKING+BUMPER COMBO SET

You must be registered for see images attach

Has anyone had any experience with these? Opinions on them?
Thanks alot guys!! :handshake:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I didnt get these lights but the ones i got i ordered from ebay and i regret it, i cant align the headlights, the corner lights dont fit right and the turn signals cracked putting them in before the screws even started getting tight

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I also agree that most of the ebay lighting options are NOT direct-fit, but usually require some modifying. I once used the APC combo with the projector Lo beam and the crystal clear Hi on my K1500....the headlights didn't align correctly when mounted, they "leaned" (outer side was lower than inner side) and the turn signal housings needed shims, because the casing bottomed out before they got tight. The corner lenses also were cast too large, the plastic studs wouldn't even reach the bolt holes before the lens pressed against the grille and fender. It was a terrible waste of $30....haha, it is true that you get what you pay for.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I got my set from www.ckresto.com and they fit pretty well. But I got the light/grille combo since I broke my original Chevy grille.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didnt get these lights but the ones i got i ordered from ebay and i regret it, i cant align the headlights, the corner lights dont fit right and the turn signals cracked putting them in before the screws even started getting tight

I'm not to worried about the alignment issue, I'll get them aligned one way or another. I'm hoping i'll be able to mount the aftermarket headlight housings in my OE headlight mounting brackets. As far as the corner lights, I don't plan on using them so no worries there :D

I also agree that most of the ebay lighting options are NOT direct-fit, but usually require some modifying. I once used the APC combo with the projector Lo beam and the crystal clear Hi on my K1500....the headlights didn't align correctly when mounted, they "leaned" (outer side was lower than inner side) and the turn signal housings needed shims, because the casing bottomed out before they got tight. The corner lenses also were cast too large, the plastic studs wouldn't even reach the bolt holes before the lens pressed against the grille and fender. It was a terrible waste of $30....haha, it is true that you get what you pay for.

I'm not expecting them to be a direct bolt in or anything, i have no problem doing some fabricating. I'm just hoping I'm not going to loose any light output, and I'm hoping to gain some! I have HID's for my high beams, so i think i should have a little better light output with a clear lens, and diamond cut reflectors. I know I'll be able to make the lights sit level (horizontally) by elongating the holes for the headlight mounting bracket in the core support, I'm really anxious to get a set of these, I've wanted a set for quite a while just never got around to looking for a good set without a crazy price!! :cheers:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I believe the housing will fit in your bracket and should align better and if your just using the headlight I'd try finding the light by itself, but they would definately illuminate better and should give a better cutoff line with hid's

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Just switch to W/T grille..... :jk:

I decided to go with the Depo brand combo set(found on ebay and elsewhere)....can also try www.NOPI.com I bought the set from ebay though, it included the headlights with yellow 9005/9006 bulbs, turn signals with red bulbs, and the upper/lower corner reflector/light with red bulbs. It cost $75/shipped, altho I do not see any on ebay as of right now and NOPI does not sell that exact combo kit. But they were great, tons brighter than stock. Depo makes very good quality stuff, but they don't charge an arm & a leg. I'd say Depo is closest to same quality as TYC.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have those lights and used the oem brackets they've been in for a year and i have no complaints at all

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
I recently bought lights off ebay to try to save a little cash over buying the TYC's that I usually put on all my OBS's & those lights are now in the trash and I have TYC's again.

The fit of the ebay lights isnt very good. They dont seal out moisture & also almost none of them have the glare guard (the cap over the lowbeam bulb). I noticed the set you show do have them though.

I would recomend getting a good set of lights over the cheaper ebay options.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
What about just using the bulbs with the built-in glare cap? This way you can use whatever style lens you want, and combined with using the oem brackets, it should fit, look and perform well.