drag bar ideas? want to keep my roll pan on the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
i suck at sketch-up.. but this is a crude drawing of my idea... like tyler was talking about. remember that my tag box is lower in the center than the rest of the roll pan... but this gives a vague idea.

You must be registered for see images attach

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
That would be easy, could be about a foot wide and securely welded to the bottom of the hitch.

welded or bolted, ive never experienced dargging but id think eventually(dont know how quickly) that metal will wear down, id make it bolt on if possible, that way your not griding it off to replace it and getting sparks on your paint or something. id think if you could make it to where it just bolts on itd be esily removable and hopefully strong enough to take the beating its meant for.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
welded or bolted, ive never experienced dargging but id think eventually(dont know how quickly) that metal will wear down, id make it bolt on if possible, that way your not griding it off to replace it and getting sparks on your paint or something. id think if you could make it to where it just bolts on itd be esily removable and hopefully strong enough to take the beating its meant for.

i wouldn't be dragging it very much, only on occasions. i mainly want it to protect my roll pan. and i agree, bolt-on would be preferred

You wanting it the width of the frame rails or the whole roll pan?

width of the frame rails would be fine.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Poke your nose around here. I've seen things like you're talking about where they have replaceable drag blocks that they bolt up new stock every time it wears down. Never really read in-depth how they did it.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
you wouldnt need it to drop down that far would you, so what 1/4"-1/2"?

correct.. or up to an inch... i'd POR it or powder coat it flat black to disguise it as much as possible.

How does your receiver bolt up?

You must be registered for see images attach

it uses existing holes in the frame that a stock hitch uses.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
i COULD get slightly longer carriage bolts for the hitch and make the drag bar/brace bolt to those mounting points as well... to keep from drilling new holes in the frame, which im not crazy about doing anyway.