Do I need new knuckles? Where can I get them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to cut off the bump stop that is just below the rear mounting bracket for the UCA. It was actually really easy. Got a $3 cutting wheel for the 4 1/2" angle grinder and tore right thru it. Then used a $7 steel grinding/buffing wheel to smooth it down even with the frame. Was not difficult at all!!!

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the driver's side rough fitted last night. Put the drop brackets on and mounted the UCA to it. Then removed that old Trailmaster spacer from the knuckle. One thing I didn't notice was in the instructions it says to remove the sway bar and flip it and reinstall it using factory linkage. Well I had longer links so I am going to have to get a set of factory links from the hardware store. I took it out and flipped it and it looks like everything is going to work just fine. I still have to put the hub back on before I can bolt a tire up but so far so good.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have to cut off the bump stop that is just below the rear mounting bracket for the UCA. It was actually really easy. Got a $3 cutting wheel for the 4 1/2" angle grinder and tore right thru it. Then used a $7 steel grinding/buffing wheel to smooth it down even with the frame. Was not difficult at all!!!
Ahh ok... just the old bump stop...

sent from what use to be a great country...

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep got one side all bolted back together. With the cam bolts adjusted all the way in its still a little out of the top. I just hope I got it within specs...... Getting the other side on tonight and then will shot some pics.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here are a couple pictures that I snapped.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Both sides the same? It seems like it's better, but not where it should be.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have the other side totally back together. Still have to put the hub back on and connect the tie rod then throw the tire on.

One thing about the picture is the passenger side is on a jack stand. I am hoping that when I let the passenger down that the tire comes in a little more. If not then I have no idea what else to do.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went ahead and picked up 2 pairs of offset control arm bushings. I installed them on the drivers side last night and will have the passenger side put back together today. I will take some photos this afternoon. Hope this will finally bring it in enough to get in the green.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Control Arm Drop brackets installed