Do I need new knuckles? Where can I get them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koolwa

Reaction score
Did you figure out what was causing your issue? I have that same lift, and I'm wanting to put it on in the next week. Can you shoot me over a copy of the instructions if it's not too much trouble. I bought it off someone, and they didn't have instructions.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok sorry I have not posted updates in so long. Been tinkering around with things and finally got it where I want it....I think :)

So I got those UCA drop brackets installed. I went ahead and picked up a set of offset bushings for the UCAs. For those that dont know they offset the camber bolt holes exaggerating the camber setting. Then installed the body lift and the gap guards. Then slapped on the tires. They rubbed the bumper and hit the frame on the backside. So I went ahead and installed the 2" wheel spacers all the way around. That fixed the frame issue but not the bumper issue. I wanted to avoid cranking the torsion bolts all the way. So I picked up a Pro Comp 2.5" leveling kit. Problem solved. Except now the front is about 3 inches taller than the back. So I swapped out the blocks in the rear from the 3.5" I believe with Pro Comp 5.5" and added a 2.5" Pro Comp Add-A Leaf.

Now its riding at the stance I like. However one to the next issue. I love the stance but I have no power at all?? I know what you are going to say.....gears. I guess that will be my next adventure. Maybe a tuner will be in the near future as well. I mean I can get up and go and run 70 down the highway but I am not winning any drag races.

You must be registered for see images attach

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just sitting here thinking there are a couple other issues:

1. If you guys recall I replaced all the brakes and new master cylinder. Added new Pro Comp extended brake lines. I cannot get the brake pedal to firm up. Even had them "bleed the brakes" when they did the alignment and they said they got it as good as they could. Still a weak pedal. Then when I was driving it today about 1 out of every 10 stops there is a weird noise coming from the right front tire. Not a grinding and not what I am familiar with ABS sounding and feeling like on new model cars. When the noise happens its all I can do to get stopped.

2. Every freaking light is lite on the dash. Seatbelt, ABS, Brake and now even Check Engine light. Not sure about this one.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I've seen people say they took their truck out to a dirt road and locked the brakes up a few times, then re-bled.

Alternatively, you could take it to a shop with a Tech II, they can bled it.

Or do what I did, and throw the whole thing away and run new lines lol.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Option 1 seems a little sketchy....

Option 2 seems expensive....

Option 3 seems time consuming....

I think I am going to opt to take it to a actual brake place like brakes plus or something like that and let them jack with it.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Option 1 seems a little sketchy....

Option 2 seems expensive....

Option 3 seems time consuming....

I think I am going to opt to take it to a actual brake place like brakes plus or something like that and let them jack with it.

My lines were questionable at best anyway, but I definitely wouldn't have taken option 1 myself lol.