DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCNuneZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I could find a D44 for $150 I'm lucky to find one under $700

T.R.U.C.K.S. Two Thousand Eleven

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Got a quick question. What is the finished height of your truck? Im planning on doing a Sas conversion to my K3500 next year but im also building a garage next year..however the roommates and i have agreed to no more then an 8-9ft ceiling leaving me a limitation of 7'2-7'6 max truck height for clearance. The garage im using for a guide till then has a max height of 7'2 and i have measured from roof to lowest point in there and found i had 16" i can safely play with. If i figured it out right at 7" of lift and 37" tires im at a total lift of around 12" and around 9" total lift if i keep it around 5.5" with 35"s.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yeah it was a good score, most local ones I had been finding were around the $500 range. Was one reason I was going to go with the curb axle. Can pick them up easily for super cheap.

Got a quick question. What is the finished height of your truck? Im planning on doing a Sas conversion to my K3500 next year but im also building a garage next year..however the roommates and i have agreed to no more then an 8-9ft ceiling leaving me a limitation of 7'2-7'6 max truck height for clearance. The garage im using for a guide till then has a max height of 7'2 and i have measured from roof to lowest point in there and found i had 16" i can safely play with. If i figured it out right at 7" of lift and 37" tires im at a total lift of around 12" and around 9" total lift if i keep it around 5.5" with 35"s.

I'll have to measure, I don't know the finished height. It will be a little while tho truck is back to being buried in the snow.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yeah it was a good score, most local ones I had been finding were around the $500 range. Was one reason I was going to go with the curb axle. Can pick them up easily for super cheap.

I'll have to measure, I don't know the finished height. It will be a little while tho truck is back to being buried in the snow.

No worries man i have plenty of time to wait and understand full well since im in canada too lol

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

T.R.U.C.K.S. Two Thousand Eleven

Where are you located? You can get Dana 60s for that kind of money. I can get D44s for $150-$250 all day long.