DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luvss350

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info guys. So its not somthing i have to do right away but i should have one.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
no its a necessity, you cant safely drive it on road, let alone off in my opinion. depnding on how much movement it could cause a great deal of stress to your whole truck.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
When my leafs were super stiff I didn't have one and it handled fine. But once I pulled a few leafs and went to these mud graps I noticed it was needed badly

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the driverside chromoly axle today. Next up is to test and see how they hold up :)

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More axle updates. The new chromoly shaft didnt seat in the seal so I had to tear it down again to replace the seal. I ended up finding a broken tooth on a side spider gear, no idea when or what caused it to break, replaced it with an old one I had and gave the diff covers a coat of grabber green paint.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's a little late to the show, but if it were me I would just reinstall the spiders as is and weld them *****'s up. drop in some solid stock scrap and lincoln lock it.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's a little late to the show, but if it were me I would just reinstall the spiders as is and weld them *****'s up. drop in some solid stock scrap and lincoln lock it.

The thought sure did cross my mind when I had it apart! If I knew the axle would hold together I probably would have got the welder going and welded it up.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with chromo shafts.. do it!

I know there is a slight weight and power difference between your truck and my jeep but I'm run 39.5" tsl on steel beadlocks (considerablly heavy) on a D44 with Yukon shafts and super joints that is locked. Mine is a trail only rig that I don't care if things break because I load it on a trailer to take it home. Plus I am fairly confident that your selectable hubs are the weak part of your front axle, so if you bind up a tire, those are most likely going to pop first.

Are those Ebay shafts or are they from a reputable supplier with a good warrany?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The shafts are Yukon Gear shafts, with lifetime warrenty as long as the u-joints dont snap. I really should have upgraded the u-joints when I had everything out, hopefully the hubs will give before the joints. Time will only tell :lol: