DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you gonna fix the camo wrap in that area then?
Once it warms up enough to paint outside Im going to cut and remove the wrap about an inch above the body line and then bedline or rockergaurd the bottom portion.

Looking good! What else are you planning on building for the truck?
I think Ive got everything built that I want for now. Only other plan is to mount the fuel tank in the bed. That way I can clean the mud out of the frame easier

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the bumper all painted today, too cold out to mount up so just set in place.

You must be registered for see images attach

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Imo the truck looks wierd with the bottom of the bed cut off

Im getting a dana 44 soon and a warn winch bumper, the bumper has the inside mounts on it, do you know if the front spring hangers would interfere with that? Would 52" or 46" springs be better?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score

Im getting a dana 44 soon and a warn winch bumper, the bumper has the inside mounts on it, do you know if the front spring hangers would interfere with that? Would 52" or 46" springs be better?

When you cut the bottom of the bed off like that and have a steel plate or bumper to protect it your gaining better departure angle when going over obstacles when wheeling

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good. How are you liking the boggers in the snow?
I haven't really ran the boggers any besides just moving the truck around the yard. I'm sure they would be a complete fail on the road and dig instead of float in the deeper snow.

All depends what you use for hangers and front crossmember, if you will be able to bolt it to inside of the frame rail. The 52" springs will have better flex.and smoother ride the the stock 47's.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I haven't really ran the boggers any besides just moving the truck around the yard. I'm sure they would be a complete fail on the road and dig instead of float in the deeper snow.

All depends what you use for hangers and front crossmember, if you will be able to bolt it to inside of the frame rail. The 52" springs will have better flex.and smoother ride the the stock 47's.

I dont remember the name of the website i found then on but i think the front hangers just mount to the frame rails then the back has a crossmember that they are mounted to, maybe they are the other way around? Ill have to see if i can find them again