Different exhaust systems for TBI engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that sounds pretty good for a v6. i cant even belive youd rather have glasspacs though.

Thanks, at low RPMs is sounds like a small V8. But at higher RPMs, its easy to tell its a V6. Hopefully more compression, bigger cam, headers, H pipe, better heads, and more cubic inches will make it sound a little more like a V8 at higher RPMs.
I love glasspacks, I grew up with them. I'm gonna get a 30 inch case Cherry Bomb glasspack for my J10.
The next V8 I own is getting dual 8 inch case Cherry Bomb glasspacks.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah it sounds like my sisters elcamino. hers is v6 with flows and sounds the same for the most part. def one of the better v6s i have heard. im not gona diss you for liking glass pacs i just dont like them myself. i think flowmasters sound best on what i have put them on but everyone is different. im just glad so many people hate flowmasters so i can be a little bit differnt lol

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im just glad so many people hate flowmasters so i can be a little bit differnt lol

What about the pleathora of people who like flowmasters? flows are common as bellybuttons in oklahoma. psh.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not around here! almost everyone around here runs glass packs or straight pipes. of coarse there are always people that have flows just not very many. as far as this site im pretty sure most prefer magnaflow.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alot of guys around my town don't like Flowmasters because of the price. You can get 2 glasspacks for the price of 1 Flowmaster and be louder at the same time. If you want it louder than that, cut the glasspacks out and go with straight pipes. Which, usually sounds bad. The only way straight pipes sound good is if it has big tips or they are bolted to a big engine.

Reaction score
Alot of guys around my town don't like Flowmasters because of the price. You can get 2 glasspacks for the price of 1 Flowmaster and be louder at the same time. If you want it louder than that, cut the glasspacks out and go with straight pipes. Which, usually sounds bad. The only way straight pipes sound good is if it has big tips or they are bolted to a big engine.

Hell you can get two glasspacks for half the price of one flowmaster... and get way less drone...and get better exhaust flow.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i guess i never thought about the price. that could be the case. but i still cant stand the poping crackling backfiring sound of straight pipes or glass pacs, im sorry but i will never run them again.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mufflers don't always make more power than straight pipes. There are some instances where the opposite is true. Different engine combos perform better with different parts combinations, so just b/c the mustang in that article you posted does better with mufflers than without, this is not always the case. For a street driven vehicle, this seems to frequently be the case however, but consider something like top fuel dragsters, they would run mufflers if they could squeeze out more power and be even a millisecond faster than the competition. They run straight pipes b/c it gives them the most power. Granted top fuel is full on race car, but even some street driven engines will do better (even if marginally so) with straight pipes. I think its funny and ironic that despite the name, flowmasters® don't flow worth a damn.