cutting tips off?

would you remove tips ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Its Pretty much ad if you cut off a stock muffler on one of these trucks, used to have full 2.5 with black chrome tips.

So dumped flow 10s b4 rear axle would give me a louder idle you think?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Its Pretty much ad if you cut off a stock muffler on one of these trucks, used to have full 2.5 with black chrome tips.

So dumped flow 10s b4 rear axle would give me a louder idle you think?

i would just leave it the way it is, its sorta loud but not super loud.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got the 10s and mine is really loud,,proble the loudest in town besides my friends truck which has 10 inch glasspacks
i dont have dumps or anything,,turndowns quite down flows alot idk y something that little changes the sound but it does

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
ive got the 10s and mine is really loud,,proble the loudest in town besides my friends truck which has 10 inch glasspacks
i dont have dumps or anything,,turndowns quite down flows alot idk y something that little changes the sound but it does

Got any pictures or videos of the exhaust? I take it you don't have tips or anything, I might even just go back to running pipes out the back with some stainless echo tips.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I'll get a picture of what my pipes look like in about 10 minutes when the camera has enough power to turn on for more than 1 minute. It's pretty gnarly under there because I lost my job due to the economy tanking. But soon I'll think of something new to do with the pipes.

I just dont want to get flowmaster 10s and dump them and have them be totally quite at idle and drone like a ******* at normal speed. I always know that true dual straight pipes out the back is a good setup though, my 97' has them and I want something different.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i wouldnt run staight pipes on anything period
u lose low end torque and can be bad on ur motor in the winter or anytime for that matter
i like my 10s like they are ,,sounds good at idle and when u tromp down oboy lol

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
i wouldnt run staight pipes on anything period
u lose low end torque and can be bad on ur motor in the winter or anytime for that matter
i like my 10s like they are ,,sounds good at idle and when u tromp down oboy lol

Do you have the cats?

Pics are uploading...