cutting tips off?

would you remove tips ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
yea probably wouldnt do much

the glasspacks are wearing out though and its starting to sound white trash in the high rpms if you know what i mean

i still love the sound though

I know exactley what you mean, my glasspacks in my ford have been worn out since 1994.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you got glasspacks and got drone? never had that happen before, always had drone with dflowmasters and cherry bomb extremes and such.

I was gonna say I bet the tips would cause it to drone more because it gets louder, but that redneck crap in the upper rpm's that goes away all together if you dump it at the end of the glasspack. Had a 76 chevy with them dumped out the glasspacks, sounded great. No popping crackling any of that crap. Just deep and mean.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nah not really, its pretty quiet when im off the gas. Cruising at 70 is ok, just maybe a little annoying after a while especially if hilly.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I voted to chop 'em off, gives a much cleaner look, those 18" long tips look trashy (well at least locally they're played out). The difference in tone won't be much though IMO.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on a lifted truck i dont think theyre that trashy

stock truck with 30" tips sticking way out yea trashy or if theyre over 4" diameter

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i gotcha man. believe me i aint one of those white trash owners. :shake: