cutting tips off?

would you remove tips ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been thinking about maybe cutting my tips off for a cleaner look and maybe reduce some noise and drone? It sounds pretty deep right now only claps in the high rpms, i dont want to really lose the sound i have or the deepness?

current look
You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine got deeper and louder dumping my tailpipes. not sure how it's gonna change yours.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i dont even know i can keep the tips when i lift it so i might just have to get out the sawzall and live with it

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Why would you have to lose the tips lifting it? This is my favorite exhaust set up so I vote keep em.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dunno theyre tight in there near the leaf springs and shock and everything. I might be ok though because they are only 18" long. ive just heard of this happening to people, not sure honestly.

Maybe ill leave for now just need a good cleaning to re energize me on them., they just get dirty quick and i havent cleaned the truck in 2 months with being at school.

I think maybe the lift will complement them good theyre pretty big 4x18's so they need a meaty tire next to them

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Lift in the rear= blocks and the shocks shouldn't really move that much so I think you would be fine.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thought the big tips creating that echoing effect?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea probably wouldnt do much

the glasspacks are wearing out though and its starting to sound white trash in the high rpms if you know what i mean

i still love the sound though