cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkimag22

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Install was fairly straight forward (second time I've installed a Volant intake on an OBS). How the intake bolts to the throttle body is the most finicky part. Getting the back bolt started with the supplied washer and lock washer is almost impossible because of how the intake is molded (ended up using a single smaller washer). One thing I notice is how mine looks different than the other 2 that members have posted pics of their install (different years I suspect?). I honestly don't expect much, if any, of a performance gain...the intake is a bit louder but I really haven't driven enough yet to notice.

You must be registered for see images attach

JeremyNH

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yours is a different filter. Mine/others is the PowerCore/Donaldson dry type. Yours is the Maxflo oiled filter type.

Darkimag22

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just assumed either filter would work with the same intake. :rolleyes: I would have ordered the powercore if I had known that. Oh well.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Install was fairly straight forward (second time I've installed a Volant intake on an OBS). How the intake bolts to the throttle body is the most finicky part. Getting the back bolt started with the supplied washer and lock washer is almost impossible because of how the intake is molded (ended up using a single smaller washer). One thing I notice is how mine looks different than the other 2 that members have posted pics of their install (different years I suspect?). I honestly don't expect much, if any, of a performance gain...the intake is a bit louder but I really haven't driven enough yet to notice.

Whats with the Ford style starter solenoid on the fender?

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
That box and piping look great box looks totally legit!!! But that elbow is just crazy looking like they just gave up on design at that point! Lol but good job! Has anyone “eliminated” the vortec box as seems fairly similar to this set up? Maybe I’ll check mine out when I get outta work.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Vfjimbos piping is really nice I know the stock air cleaners are different but that looks a lot sleeker an looks more on par with how it should. Not saying you did anything wrong just the piping is better on that design

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vfjimbos piping is really nice I know the stock air cleaners are different but that looks a lot sleeker an looks more on par with how it should. Not saying you did anything wrong just the piping is better on that design
Volant uses really nicely radiused bends to cut down on turbulence and airflow loss.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yeah that one’s nice but the one just drops on top of throttle body weird just seems like it’s stretched to fit lol