Clear Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Those look like they work well; you gambled and won. I seem to always be behind people on the road that gambled and lost, and the ones I got for one of my trucks aren't much better than theirs.

Also saw some on a GMT900 last night that were ridiculously bright on tails, too bright in fact. When he hit his signal I could barely tell any difference.

Richard
My friend's mom has a new 300c. If you're stopped behind her with the brake lights on, you're blinded by three light.

-via Mobile

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
those full clears belong on nothing but Silver or White...IMHO
Yeah baby!

OEM style clear at each end including the Esky clip corners:

You must be registered for see images attach

Hate this pic since it was showing where some dumbass rear-ended me at a red light and messed up my roll pan, but it's the best straight-on shot I have of the clears on my old '92:

I liked them on my black truck too but yeah, hard to get used to, definitely look better on the white. Man, I'm glad I quit running those rubber band size tires too and upgraded to a little more sidewall.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My friend's mom has a new 300c. If you're stopped behind her with the brake lights on, you're blinded by three light.

-via Mobile

No doubt. The factory LED's on the 2nd gen 300's are nice and bright.

I've got a 1st gen 300C SRT8 and ran some DEPO smoked/clear tails for a while (pictured), but now I've gone back to the factory red lenses and still running Autolumination LED's in them. Nice and bright. All of them are 50W except for my brake lights which I later upgraded to the 80W. Not obvious in this daylight pic but man they are bright!

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice black truck someotherguy! What size are the smoothies? Thinking of getting those wheels when i get bored of my current rims.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, it looks a bit different now with bigger tires and some other changes. Those smoothies are 20x8.5, I've had them since like.. January '08. I need to send them out for straightening as the Houston streets/freeways have beat them up pretty good, but I was kinda waiting until it goes in for paint.

Those Novas look great on your truck; I was thinking about them for another project but it seemed like the backspacing wasn't good in the 20's for a lowered truck, at least that's what it looked like in the specs.

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, I was thinking 22" smoothies for mine but the whole center part painted black, black lugnuts and just leave chrome lip. I think that would look sick. What you think?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of contrasts, even small ones; if I were to go black smoothies with a natural hoop I think I would also run chrome lugs and possibly leave the center cap natural too, though the cap might look weird, I'd try it - and black it out if needed and continue with the chrome lugs. I think the black/natural would look good with your black truck though, for sure.

Had meant to ask earlier, your 2500, since it's a crew I'll assume it was 8 lug - you swapped it for 1500 suspension for 5 lug? (My black '94 was a six lug 2500; it was easy for me to just swap the rotors, the rear axle is still the 14 bolt but I had the axles/drums redrilled)

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes someotherguy i swapped all suspension from a suburban. Went from 8 lug to 5 lug cause i wanted to run the novas. Thanks for your input on the smoothies.

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have these on my 90 sport not completely clear but then again here in Texas they want some red reflectors on back

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those ^^^ with the red reflector are what APC replaced the all-clears with, including swapping them out during the recall they were forced to do. You don't see many of them out there. Saved this pic from a cl ad:

Richard