Clear Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Ive seen a couple of other threads about the very hard to find clear tail lights and I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows someone who has tried these

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/4-Car-Option/LED-Tail-Lights/Chevrolet-C10-4-Car-Option-LED-Taillights-_-All-Clear-_-LT_GC88C_KS/774957/

and if you have could you post a picture.
Thanks

That's a dead part number, I found it here while back and another member ordered them to get an email saying g they no longer carry them, good luck on actually finding a set

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Devs93 on here has them

You must be registered for see images attach

And ya like said before no longer made Ebay is the best place to find them I think APC made them?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Devs93 on here has them

And ya like said before no longer made Ebay is the best place to find them I think APC made them?

And everybody that's has them and wants to sell them want an arm and a leg for them, you can get leds cheaper

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've never seen anybody with a set that came with LED's as described in the ad. For $60 I would say they couldn't have been very good, because even LED's costing $200+ today still stink in terms of brightness and quality.

The straight-up clears (not LED, just a literal replacement for OEM but clear plastic instead of red) were made by a number of companies. APC started it, and were later copied by TYC and DEPO (and maybe even Eagle Eyes, though I've personally owned sets from the other 3 companies so I can vouch for that) ... all of them out of production now. APC's been out of production the longest as they were actually forced to initiate a recall and offer to replace them with a slightly modified design that has red in the reflector area, to make them street legal.

Richard

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I've never seen anybody with a set that came with LED's as described in the ad. For $60 I would say they couldn't have been very good, because even LED's costing $200+ today still stink in terms of brightness and quality.

The straight-up clears (not LED, just a literal replacement for OEM but clear plastic instead of red) were made by a number of companies. APC started it, and were later copied by TYC and DEPO (and maybe even Eagle Eyes, though I've personally owned sets from the other 3 companies so I can vouch for that) ... all of them out of production now. APC's been out of production the longest as they were actually forced to initiate a recall and offer to replace them with a slightly modified design that has red in the reflector area, to make them street legal.

Richard

Im not sure where your getting that leds stink in terms of brightness and quality but the rest of your statement is true

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Almost every single LED tail I've seen on GMT400's suck. They're either dim all the way around, or if they're bright, there's very little differentiation between "tail" and "turn/stop" brightness levels, making it hard to tell when someone gets on the brakes. You may be happy with yours but it's either a difference in expectation level or you just don't think it's a big deal.

Hell I paid stupid money for a set of brand namers and they're dim. Totally lame...they fit the bed like crap, too.

Richard

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Almost every single LED tail I've seen on GMT400's suck. They're either dim all the way around, or if they're bright, there's very little differentiation between "tail" and "turn/stop" brightness levels, making it hard to tell when someone gets on the brakes. You may be happy with yours but it's either a difference in expectation level or you just don't think it's a big deal.

Hell I paid stupid money for a set of brand namers and they're dim. Totally lame...they fit the bed like crap, too.

Richard

I've got a $100 ebay set and they're crazy bright (I actually use the tail lights themselves as backup lights at night), can easily tell the difference between tail light and brake light, fit is great, and I've had them for 2.5 years without a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLFRV2uo7g&index=1&list=UU4hA84hnqfuE1rW-VjWaZbw

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those look like they work well; you gambled and won. I seem to always be behind people on the road that gambled and lost, and the ones I got for one of my trucks aren't much better than theirs.

Also saw some on a GMT900 last night that were ridiculously bright on tails, too bright in fact. When he hit his signal I could barely tell any difference.

Richard