Cheap shorty headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Some do, some don't, but honestly, it's not that hard to modify the alt bracket.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would love to know if this, without a doubt will help any sort of MPG? I don't see it hurting....but would like to know for sure.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I would love to know if this, without a doubt will help any sort of MPG? I don't see it hurting....but would like to know for sure.

It completely depends on the rest of your set up. It would some with a stock truck, not a huge amount though.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Depends how good it sounds when you stomp on it haha

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
mine from tuning pros did.

My truck had factory manifolds, No y, it had been cut and made into duals but still, bolted right in place of my manifolds.

Mine had the different alt. bracket so no real mods.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

No rust eh?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope, the block side flange does. No where near like black ones do. Plus I bet if you actually clean them or do something to them, then they would not or might not. I never cleaned mine since they been on the truck.

The tubes have no rust, if they look it, then it's not it's just gunk from my hands and crap on them, the block flange does have some tho. I think they made it from reg. steel or something. The lower flange has none like the tubes.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
nope, the block side flange does. No where near like black ones do. Plus I bet if you actually clean them or do something to them, then they would not or might not. I never cleaned mine since they been on the truck.

The tubes have no rust, if they look it, then it's not it's just gunk from my hands and crap on them, the block flange does have some tho. I think they made it from reg. steel or something. The lower flange has none like the tubes.

Cleaning them wouldn't really help all too much. I'm not saying these are bad headers, I'm just gonna use the "you get what you pay for" slogan.

People are always under the assumption that stainless steel doesn't rust. That is not true. The reason a lot of stainless doesn't rust is because the alloy of stainless was an alloy made not to rust. Cheaper alloys of stainless will in fact rust.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
def. they are cheap and I'd garuntee they are very cheap alloy stainless crap that can and does rust, but since mine have been on a ccouple years now that's the only rusted part, tons better then black painted ones.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
def. they are cheap and I'd garuntee they are very cheap alloy stainless crap that can and does rust, but since mine have been on a ccouple years now that's the only rusted part, tons better then black painted ones.

Yep, I would agree. Regular painted headers would be a lot more pitted then that by now.