Cheap shorty headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I think this is what I'm gonna get. I'll also most likely get a "Offroad Use" y pipe.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The eBay stainless ones looks like they would get in the way of the spark plugs, no problems with them? I'm guessing with the ball end, it eliminates the need for the donut gasket?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes you DO NOT use a lower gasket, as for plugs, no worse then any other headers. Long tubes may be easier to get at plugs, but for the money saved using your current exhaust and no mods, they end up cheaper in the long run.

Like mine for example, duals, no y, made for them to fit manifolds, yet my manifolds were cracked, so to avoid an entire new system i bought em and couldn't be happier with the choice.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
can i do shortys each to their own mufflers no cats? im sure cel will come on but is it an issue?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's exactly how mine is, shorties into dual pipes that somebody else had done on my truck before me, no cats, into their own muffler and out to their own tailpipes.

I don't get a CEL but I have an 88, the newer trucks may get one with the dual O2's and such.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Mines a 95, idk when dual o2s began but what mufflers do you use and could you possibly post a vid/sound up?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ANY muffler will work and I don't have any vids or sound. I use some cheap summit "race" chamber mufflers like a flowmaster knock off.