Cheap shorty headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
If I'm upgrading to a 3 wire 02 sensor can I put it lower in the exhaust down in the y pipe? I bought headers but where the bung is for the 02 I would still have to drill through exhaust header, as well as find a plug for the bung in the y pipe. Any problems with putting the 02 sensor further downstream? With it being heated I don't see an issue...

I went with the header/collector combo listed off tbimods.com, cheap and should work as long as I have this motor in the truck.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My eBay headers are great now!!!! When I put my jasper motor in I put these on. When we went to hook up the y pipe it was too wide so we cut an inch out welded it back together. The bells on the y pipe are just about the same size as the balls on the end of the headers. Once we got it together though the have been great.. Love em... 4,000 miles and the bolts still not loose.. Checked 5 times so I'll take the install trouble to not have to keep tightening bolts .....

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks the same as the ones I got, just more expensive.

Only plug issue I have is the last 2 I use a wrench on, that's it.

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score

Theses are the same ones that I have. They fit great the only snag I cam accross during istallation was the drivers side. I had to remove the power steering pump and take the altenator bracket off of that and modify it.
You must be registered for see images attach
if you look I had to cut the back half of the bracket off. The primary tube was too big to fit between the opening on the bottom that went around the manifold. (If that makes any sense lol)

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
+1 on the bracket. We just took a cutoff wheel to it with a wet towel over the engine to protect from sparks. Not a big deal but worth mentioning in case your toolbox is limited.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine from tuning pros did.

My truck had factory manifolds, No y, it had been cut and made into duals but still, bolted right in place of my manifolds.

Mine had the different alt. bracket so no real mods.

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually bought a new factory style y-pipe because U wanted to go to a three inch exhaust but yes it should bolt right up. The only other issue I had was the width on the new headers was slightly narrower than my y-pipe by about 1/2 inch but a ratchet strap cured that right away.