carb'd 355 sbc in 96 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CLB BLZR

Reaction score
i built a motor from a 99 Denali stripped down and built it up to go in my Tahoe the concern im having is my friend and i did this in his 93 full-size blazer both of us having the 4l60e trans he bought a TCI TPS and works and all but i do not like the way his shifts also he has a a rebuilt trans with torque converter and other ****

i wanted to know the best possible way to get all my 500hp to the wheels and i didn't want to dig a hole in my floor for the trans 4wd shifter

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're going to need to build a 4L60E to handle 500hp...no ifs, ands or buts about it. I'm not sure what you'll need for electronics since you're OBD2, but a stock 4L60E will not hold up to 500hp. That's a fact.

Why carb it rather than keeping fuel injection? I kept my TBI with my roller Vortec 357 build.

CLB BLZR

Reaction score
i wanted something different for all the shows around here everyone has fuel injected motors whether there old ass motors with new electronics or new motors in old ass trucks i love the simplicity of injection but the ease of carbd over powered that its one less electrical problem to have the full size my buddy and i built has a stage 2 4l60e trans and i dont like the way it shifts or the shift points on it he wants me to do a 700r4 4x4 trans i dont want to pop a hole in my floor but i think i might have to due to having push button 4x4

if i dont like it carbd its an easy swap back to injection

CLB BLZR

Reaction score
What are the advantages of the 4L80E over the 4L60E ? Could I put vette servo in the 80?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They are all kind's of different servo's available for an 80 also, and the advantage is that when built right it will last behind some decent power where a 4l60e won't.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In a nutshell, 80E's have heavier duty steel components where 60E's have lighter duty aluminum components. 60E's have wider gearing and less parasitic drag at the cost of durability.

I didn't like either option so I went NV4500.