TH350 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ones I have had are 350C. From the time period GM had both the TH350 as standard equipment and the 700r4 was an option.
Yea the TH350C was simply the lock up variant, introduced in '78 and non-luck up variant went out of prod by 1980...You're recalling the ext housing had trans mount bolt hole locations? Do you have a pic?

Would be interested to see one like that; never had one in the shop before...

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A long tail 350 has the same mounting point within 1/8" as a 700r4. Zero change to the crossmember. The tailshaft has the mounting points on it.
i referenced something i probably printed it off 15 years ago of various GM transmission lengths and bell housing to mount measurements. Either way, this should be easy to do and no custom crossmember or major modification should be required.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea the TH350C was simply the lock up variant, introduced in '78 and non-luck up variant went out of prod by 1980...You're recalling the ext housing had trans mount bolt hole locations? Do you have a pic?

Would be interested to see one like that; never had one in the shop before...

I have seen mounting pads on the extension housings of TH350s, 400s, 700r4s and 4L60Es. Some came factory with the additional mounting location not used as well.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i referenced something i probably printed it off 15 years ago of various GM transmission lengths and bell housing to mount measurements. Either way, this should be easy to do and no custom crossmember or major modification should be required.
I agree, I have never seen a 1967-72 truck, square body or OBS frame that would prevent the crossmember from being moved without altering it. They have C channel frames. Unbolt the crossmember, jack the transmission up, mate the trans mount to the crossmember and drill the new holes to mount it.