Carb back to TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Ive read through some of it. I think im just going to stick with the carb though. Its the easiest.

Sent from my 355 pwered Galaxy Tab 3

Im that case, yours is easier. Get an intake like mine, Vortec bolt pattern with a square bore and drop your carb right on. About two days straight of work and you can have it running like a monster after the head swap, and maybe even drop a nice little cam in while you're at it. Skips the whole TBI mess altogether.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im that case, yours is easier. Get an intake like mine, Vortec bolt pattern with a square bore and drop your carb right on. About two days straight of work and you can have it running like a monster after the head swap, and maybe even drop a nice little cam in while you're at it. Skips the whole TBI mess altogether.

I think this is what I will do when I have the money for the cam and intake. Which might be awile. I dont have a job lol

Sent from my 355 powered Galaxy Tab 3

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I think this is what I will do when I have the money for the cam and intake. Which might be awile. I dont have a job lol

Haha i have a job and it still took two whole weeks of not driving my baby before i finally finished collecting parts for the conversion. But its worth it and fun to do.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha i have a job and it still took two whole weeks of not driving my baby before i finally finished collecting parts for the conversion. But its worth it and fun to do.

Yeah. I wouldnt start anything till i had everything to do the swap.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what would all yall recommend for a distributor, plugs, and wires. i also have a 3 pod a pillar cluster thing and want to know what yall think i should run in 2 of them as the 3rd will be a temp gauge, cause mine doesnt work.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i have finally decided exactily what im going to do, for the most part. i am going to go back to TBI simply because it will be factory and getting all the parts and things to do it are very easy. i am going to be running vortec heads from a 98 tahoe. getting one of these two intakes, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-226018, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-2116. and am most likely going with a RV cam from comp cams. still undecided exactly which one though, would like somebody to recommend which RV cam i should use. once i get my engine taken out and pulled apart ill decide if i am going to bore out the new block. imma go ahead and do some minor upgrades, might convert to roller rockers from an lt1/lt4. still all undecided. most likely ordering the intake this week or next week. also going to convert all the accessories back to stock so i will have a/c and oil cooler and what not. any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well my intake and adapter plate came in today. Got almost all of my serpentine belt system stuff at the junkyard today. Going back next week for TBI, wiring harness, and crank pulley. Maybe a few other things.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk