Carb back to TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
this is sad to see. imho if you tuned your carb more youd probably get better mileage. youll for sure have more hp as the tbi will limit it even in its most modified situations. but i recall my friends 91 burban he built the motor fairly decently spent a crapload on a tune for it to make it run right then switched to carb. he got more MPGS and power out of a properly tuned carn than the tbi would suggest. it had more power with an untuned carn then the tbi.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is sad to see. imho if you tuned your carb more youd probably get better mileage. youll for sure have more hp as the tbi will limit it even in its most modified situations. but i recall my friends 91 burban he built the motor fairly decently spent a crapload on a tune for it to make it run right then switched to carb. he got more MPGS and power out of a properly tuned carn than the tbi would suggest. it had more power with an untuned carn then the tbi.

Imma try the TBI and see how it goes. If I'm not impressed I can always switch back to the carb. Im not going to get rid of it. I'll get it tuned right and what not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yay the camaros gonna need some motor work, i think i have a nock but i still drive it mostly because its my beat to toy that i need to redo lol. and a 4th carb is always good to have for projects i always end up finding.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yay the camaros gonna need some motor work, i think i have a nock but i still drive it mostly because its my beat to toy that i need to redo lol. and a 4th carb is always good to have for projects i always end up finding.

Haha cool man. What year camaro

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What would I do?5.3L or 6.0L.But that's just me.Nothing like making 350hp and still get 17mpg city.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
86 z28 5 speed and built 350 looks like hell but i bought it cheap.

id agree with gm strong but an ls swap might nickel and dime you if you dont have a complete donor vehicle. a 5.3L would be a great swap and power mods will grow at a much bigger rate than throwing money at a 350. only downside is its a bit costlier but much more powerful, reliable, etc.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I had the money I would do it hands down. We have a family friend that owns a gm only salvage yard. And that's the first thing he removes so I could get just about any motor with low miles with tranny and full harness and computer. But the moneys not there and plus I have someone that knows SBC like the back of his hands.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
like i said any sbc is much easier than an lsx hands down but itd be a nice thing to look into down the road, for some good read on ls swaps check out thirdgen.org or here or fsc, etc etc.