Carb back to TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
This is sad to see... other than the monster single plane intake all ur carb needed was a good tuning but you can always go back if u decide. What cam are u running as well? And there is tons of dyi tuning vids and how-to's on maximizing Edelbrock's for free. The more homework you do, the less work you'll do... and less $ you'll waste. I pulled my engine 2 days ago and will try to update my build tread on putting my engine in and tuning the carb out. Bye bye FI vortec wimp, Hello 408 torque beast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is sad to see... other than the monster single plane intake all ur carb needed was a good tuning but you can always go back if u decide. What cam are u running as well? And there is tons of dyi tuning vids and how-to's on maximizing Edelbrock's for free. The more homework you do, the less work you'll do... and less $ you'll waste. I pulled my engine 2 days ago and will try to update my build tread on putting my engine in and tuning the carb out. Bye bye FI vortec wimp, Hello 408 torque beast.

I think I am going to run Comp Cams 255DEH. Its an Rev and towing cam.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I think I am going to run Comp Cams 255DEH. Its an Rev and towing cam.

im personally very very happy with my $80 summit lifter and cam kit. well it was on sale. but still its 421/444 lift. fit my whole engine build pefectly and it was easier to tune than my flat tops.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rv cam fits my needs to a t almost and I really havent seen much that's like it. Other than a couple cams from lunati. But its the rpm range is a little out of my area so to speak.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
make sure your running the proper type of cam too. and now is a good time to upgrade the rest of your lifters, convert to roller, next valves, springs etc etc.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its going back together for the most part stock. I might convert to roller rockers from an lt1 cause I have them.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Lots of good cams out there, give Comp, Lunati, and Summit tech line a call and tell them exactly what ur after, motor, ect... I talked to them all and ended with a Lunati Voodoo 268

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lots of good cams out there, give Comp, Lunati, and Summit tech line a call and tell them exactly what ur after, motor, ect... I talked to them all and ended with a Lunati Voodoo 268

Well I talked to summit and they recommended one of the comp can extreme series and its for top speed and what I'm really looking for is at the other end of the board. I've looked at a few from lunati and they are much cheaper than comp cams but the lift duration is much higher than the rv cam from comp

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Call Lunati and Comp... Why did he recommend a high rpm range cam? I'd make it very clear this is a truck and low-mid range is very important as this is not a dirt track car lol. I also would take a look at some of Howard's Cams and the Edelbrock Performer. Cam choice isn't always the easiest decision because there is sooo many opinions and options. I went with Lunati because we have always had great success with all they're products and the Voodoo series is some of the newest cam profiles for flat tappet engines.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll keep looking. The reason I'm going towards the comp rv cam is cause my dad has used them twice on 2 of his projects and he loved them. I'll have to keep searching and get in touch with some people.