Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
There should be a socket that slips into the rubber piece then the wires go thru the 2 small holes, the ground wire will be long enough to ground to the back screw, some people say to use a well nut to get a better seal so it dont leak, i never used well nuts and never had any leaks

I think im missing the sockets and thats what im confused about? Or is my set complete?

What do you mean? How to wire them? They are just wired in series, I'm not totally sure about the pacer kit but from your pics you take the long red wire run it across the roof and use the red splicers to hook into it for each light. Then that wire goes to the switch that came with the kit or the brown wire on the back of the headlight switch. Dont drill all the way through both layers of the roof. On the driverside right beside the sunvisor mount is a 1" or so hole already in the lower roof skin. Run your wires up through that.

If you use the well nuts you will have to run a ground wire exactly like the red one to ground each light. If you use the self tapping screws I guess you just ground each light on one of the mounting screws. I used a GM harness for mine and hooked the positve (red in your case) to the brown wire at the headlight switch and the ground (black or whatever color you use) to the black wire right beside the brown one. You can get two more of those red splice connectors to make that connection as well.

Ok thanks for the quick break down that makes a lot ofsense I think I'm missing the sockets for the lights?

Sorry guys I hate sounding dumb right now :whymewhyme:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If what is in the pictures is everything you have you dont have the sockets which should have came with them, i would contact whoever you purchased them from and see about getting them sent to you, they should be in the rubber piece, the loop in the middle goes around the socket then the 2 little holes right behind it is where the wires go thru

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Ok that clears it up I ordered them from Summit. So I am missing the sockets! I figured because the bulbs are way to small for the loops so I will contact them

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should have sockets kinda like this an that's how they mount in the base/gaskets

You must be registered for see images attach

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Except with the pacer kit the socket isnt near as big and dont require the big hole to be drilled in your cab

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I figured thats what I noticed was missing but I wasnt sure if the was only on the factory replacement or included in the Pacer kit as well! I knew it wasnt that complicated when I looked at it and didnt have anything to plug the bulbs into

Reaction score
Just installed my OEM cab lights on my rig. Looks sick!! I cant stop looking at them. Took me about 5-6 hours total. A million thanks to 88GMCtruck. I do however have to warn folks that want to install them on their own: if you are not good with a drill and a measuring tape, don't even try it.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just installed my OEM cab lights on my rig. Looks sick!! I cant stop looking at them. Took me about 5-6 hours total. A million thanks to 88GMCtruck. I do however have to warn folks that want to install them on their own: if you are not good with a drill and a measuring tape, don't even try it.

show some pics!! ,,lol

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Except with the pacer kit the socket isnt near as big and dont require the big hole to be drilled in your cab

Just got off the phone with Summit and they are sending me the parts I was missing. I cant wait till they get here so I can put them on! Thanks for all the help guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf