Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
This is a great write up. Just got everything I needed in today and will work on it over the weekend. I couldn't find the plug under the dash for the factory harness, but I did find a pin in the convenience center that was 12v when any lights were on (parking, low, or high) with the truck on or off. I will post an update on how it went when I finish.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
it's part of the convenience center, the harness plugs into it (likely where you said you found 12V)

There was no way the plug on my harness from gm was going to fit in any spot on my convenience center, it was way too big. I jut cut it off and put a terminal on the end. Works great. I will post some pics. Took me about 3 hours total with some breaks. It was hot out today. Hopefully no leaks.

Via tapatalk on my Galaxy Tab 2

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
There was no way the plug on my harness from gm was going to fit in any spot on my convenience center, it was way too big. I jut cut it off and put a terminal on the end. Works great. I will post some pics. Took me about 3 hours total with some breaks. It was hot out today. Hopefully no leaks.

Via tapatalk on my Galaxy Tab 2
Ah, there are 2 sizes of plugs, the older trucks used a much larger plug than the later ones. I don't know the exact year split though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Looks good!

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am getting ready to do mine.....in regards to running the wiring. Does the wiring run inside the a-pillar or inside the cab behind the a-pillar cover?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I am getting ready to do mine.....in regards to running the wiring. Does the wiring run inside the a-pillar or inside the cab behind the a-pillar cover?

I ran mine behind the plastic cover....