Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
What do you nee for the wiring harness? Can I make one?
Edit: Or with the Pacer kit are you supposed to use the long red wire and those little clips? I think thats right because it said the wiring harness was included right?

Last edited:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I'd love to do it...maybe some day. LOL. (It'll never happen, I won't ever want to drill the holes)

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk
Come to WA, I'll drill them. I've done 3 sets so far, no leaks.

What do you nee for the wiring harness? Can I make one?
Edit: Or with the Pacer kit are you supposed to use the long red wire and those little clips? I think thats right because it said the wiring harness was included right?
I haven't used a pacer kit so I don't know. I assume it has a wiring harness of it's own.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The pacer kits wiring harness is to run it to a toggle switch, however you could either run that wire to the marker lights or get some wire to run

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
The pacer kits wiring harness is to run it to a toggle switch, however you could either run that wire to the marker lights or get some wire to run

But I could just splice the wire into the running lights right? This is what the kit came with
Im pretty sure that I wont need this if im not using the toggle switch
You must be registered for see images attach

Five of these as well as the lenses

This long roll of wire which im assuming is for the lights?

And these little clips which im assuming you use to connect the wire

It also has the toggle switch and ten screws. Sorry for the dumb questions other than the off road lights and radios I really dont do much with this stuff and I want to make sure I get right

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Ok so to bypass the toggle switch you will just install the lights on top, will ground at the screws for the light unless you ise the well nuts, if so you can run a wire and splice the grounds all together and ground them elsewhere, the long wire you will use to run from the lights to marker lights, you use the little splicers to splice the power wire from the lights to the red wire

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
So I just have to get some wire and use the self tappers for a ground and ground each light individually?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
So I just have to get some wire and use the self tappers for a ground and ground each light individually?

If you ground each light indivually you wont need wire it will just ground on the back screw for the light but if you use the rubber well nut instead of just screwing the light to the cab you wont get a ground at the light and would have to wire all the grounds together and ground them in a different spot

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Oh ok that makes sense so it's easier to just use the self tapping screws but not as good?

Last edited:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I always used the screws that came with the kit but there are also people that use well nuts, all depends on what you want to do