Burnouts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It gives you better, quicker throttle response and it removed restrictions at Wide Open Throttle WOT. But like t I said if you do this, be sure not to remove the rivets that holds the defuser plate in place. There are holes in it, that affect your idle, by removing them, it makes the hole bigger, giving to much air at idle. I pulled the throttle plate off, then turned it upside down. I used a dermal tool to remove the defuser. If you remove the throttle body you will see what and where the defuser is. After I removed this plate, and installed a cold air filter, not a CAI system, at the same time, the truck when from a slight hesitation for a sec. or so to an immediate response. There is no hesitation what so ever any more. LOL one of the reasons why the truck will smoke the tires now. At a dead stop, on a dry road, I will take my right foot off of the brake, and floor the gas and leave a mark for about 200 feet or so. It is an issue to be honest. I want to add (weld) some weight inside the receiver hitch behind the spare tire to make it hook up better. I have to drive it easy if the roads are wet at all.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pinch off the rear flex line with neeedle nose vise grips with some rubber hose on the jaws. Poor mans lines lock. Shouldnt have any issues lighting them up that way.

socool9004

Reaction score
Burn out or brake stand? Either way you're causing series stress on your drivetrain.

To do a brake stand you need to be about 50% on the brake, this will dominantly lock up your front bakes but hopefully not your rears. When you're halfway on the brake, slam the gas and when the tires start to spin then mash the brake to the floor and hold them both until you're done or have no more pad left in the rear.

Otherwise, just rev the truck in neutral to like 2k and drop it into drive while mashing the gas, that'll lay some black lines down too.

I had a buddy who did this all the time in his 2000 Mustang, the same guy also blew his rear axle.... so just keep that in mind.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so what's my problem? too heavy for it? my GVWR is almost 8,000lbs with me inside it

4 tons? My K2500 ECSB with a 454 only weighs 3tons. Rear seating and body weighs a ton???

I can spin them in my truck, but barely. I've only done it twice because, well, 3 tons going traffic speed needs to be able to stop. Plus, I don't want to set the timer on the eaton unit.

How wide are your tires? I'll bet they're 265 or wider. I'm sure you could spin 245's all day with the 350.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Otherwise, just rev the truck in neutral to like 2k and drop it into drive while mashing the gas, that'll lay some black lines down too.

Please don't do this, your transmission will thank you if you don't

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't get my wife's 99 K1500 Suburban to do a donut in a snow covered parking lot, let alone smoke tires on dry pavement. Just too heavy.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Burn out or brake stand? Either way you're causing series stress on your drivetrain.

To do a brake stand you need to be about 50% on the brake, this will dominantly lock up your front bakes but hopefully not your rears. When you're halfway on the brake, slam the gas and when the tires start to spin then mash the brake to the floor and hold them both until you're done or have no more pad left in the rear.

I had a buddy who did this all the time in his 2000 Mustang, the same guy also blew his rear axle.... so just keep that in mind.
Are you serious?

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Now see, what you want to do is pull up to a building so you're bumper is touching, that'll act like a brake keeping the truck from going forward without wearing out your pads. Then lay into the pedal hard. If she's got a burnout in her, it'll let loose and really smoke your tires. ...or your trans. ...or you'll push through the building. Any way you slice it, there's entertainment to be had. Prolly want to have some beers so you can blame it on being drunk.

Edited to add: This post is intended to be a joke, it'd really dumb to do this.

Last edited: