Burnouts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time believing any of y'all took my building comment seriously...

Really? I mean, really?
Really I just went and tried this, lol jk.

It was obviously a joke to me. Im just so surprised that there is a need for 2 of these threads.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suburban won't burn out so owner cuts off throttle blade and thinks about buying a handheld programmer. WTF is this world coming to.

I'm sorry but this thread and some of the responses here are making my blood boil a little. Guess I'm just getting old.

EDIT - By the way, have fun fixing your rear drums when they shatter from those brake stands. Ask me how I know.

actually, I would do the throttle blade and programmer anyways for the power and better fuel economy in my truck. I'm not buying getting them just because I want to do a burnout, that's only a plus. calm down dude

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Guys, lets not act like GMFS here. Probably could have been worded better but the OP is looking for more power out of his vortec 5.7 3/4 ton burb. A good tune up would probably be a good start. After that, throttle lip mod is not a bad one (mine has been done for several years). If you are still looking for more, a tune would help out alot (not the hand held crap tunes that take your money and promise stupid power gains). At this point, you should be making enough power to get the rear wheels spinning (assuming your engine is in decent mechanical shape)

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
actually, I would do the throttle blade and programmer anyways for the power and better fuel economy in my truck. I'm not buying getting them just because I want to do a burnout, that's only a plus. calm down dude

You must be registered for see images attach

Seriously though, I wasn't exactly trying to be a dick, but you did make this thread basically asking why you can't do a brake stand. Also those two mods are going to do very little for your power or fuel economy. Handheld programmers are nothing compared to a good custom tune from a reputable company, and most times they're actually more expensive. The throttle blade mod is good for increased throttle response with less pedal travel, but it's not going to give you any extra HP or torque whatsoever. I have it done in my red truck. There's a lot better ways to spend your time and money. My suggestion would be to go through everything and do a full tune-up. This will undoubtedly provide better power gains than what you're talking about doing. My Suburban is bone stock and will roast the tires from a dead stop, no brake torture necessary.

EDIT - Just realized that you've got a 3/4 ton, should have read the original post closer. Comparing our 'burbs isn't really valid due to the weight difference. Still though, don't waste your money on a handheld programmer and don't expect any real gains out of the throttle blade. Once you have everything tuned up I'd recommend a tune from Black Bear Performance. Best thing I ever did to my truck.

Last edited:

Werterion

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Seriously though, I wasn't exactly trying to be a dick, but you did make this thread basically asking why you can't do a brake stand. Also those two mods are going to do very little for your power or fuel economy. Handheld programmers are nothing compared to a good custom tune from a reputable company, and most times they're actually more expensive. The throttle blade mod is good for increased throttle response with less pedal travel, but it's not going to give you any extra HP or torque whatsoever. I have it done in my red truck. There's a lot better ways to spend your time and money. My suggestion would be to go through everything and do a full tune-up. This will undoubtedly provide better power gains than what you're talking about doing. My Suburban is bone stock and will roast the tires from a dead stop, no brake torture necessary.

EDIT - Just realized that you've got a 3/4 ton, should have read the original post closer. Comparing our 'burbs isn't really valid due to the weight difference. Still though, don't waste your money on a handheld programmer and don't expect any real gains out of the throttle blade. Once you have everything tuned up I'd recommend a tune from Black Bear Performance. Best thing I ever did to my truck.

swapping the rear end for something with more favorable ratio would be a good idea as well. 3/4 ton is ment to haul loads not break loose and haul ass lol

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Yet 2500s, on average, have a numerically higher ratio by default? Does it not stand to reason that a 3/4 should "break loose and haul ass" given less effort?
/shrug

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
swapping the rear end for something with more favorable ratio would be a good idea as well. 3/4 ton is ment to haul loads not break loose and haul ass lol
Wrong
Yet 2500s, on average, have a numerically higher ratio by default? Does it not stand to reason that a 3/4 should "break loose and haul ass" given less effort?
/shrug
Correct