Burnouts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah it's bad for your vehicles but I want to do them occasionally. I have a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 LT and I just can't seem to do a burnout with it. it has a smallblock 350 5.7 with the 4L80-E transmission with stock gears. I'll be lifting it eventually and it'll get re geared to 4.88 gears but that just gets it back to factory rpms. why won't my truck do a burnout? I can have both the pedals mashed to the floor and let the brake up a little and nothing happens. does Chevy have a traction control module or something that can't just be turned off and on? I don't have any buttons but is there something under the hood that I can take off or turn off or something?

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going say it's the extra weight of having the fuel tank at the back of the fra me helping with traction.
I can spin the 40's on my single cab with 5.13's.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so what's my problem? too heavy for it? my GVWR is almost 8,000lbs with me inside it

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Weight coupled with to little horsepower. Also dont forget thats a pretty long driveshaft as well so there is loss as well.

Sent from my SM-N910P

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so what your saying is I either need to buy another vehicle or drop a ridiculously large big block Chevy so I can smoke my tires? xD

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 97 Vortec 5.7 L (350) 342 rear end gears, stock 15 inch rims with 70 series tires, and it will fry the back tires. The engine itself is the original engine, and has not been modified. I have done the performance mods. Cold air filter ( no need for the CAI system), cold thermostat, (170 degrees, it is hot where I live). I shaved off the defuser plate off of the throttle body. (if you look in the throttle body at wide open throttle, you will see this plate I am talking about on the under side of the throttle plate at the bottom of the throttle body. If you remove this, DO NOT remove the rivets that hold the plate, cut around them.) Billet distributor, Shorty headers, with true duel exhaust from back to front, with old school glass packs, and I have tuned it with a jet programmer set on max performance. I have a co worker with a 2013 Chevy crew cab southern comfort addition 5.3 L and I can just out run him, he hates it, LOL but I love it. Also a Black bare tune will be more effective than a programmer.