Burnouts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
And have someone video it.

You could always do it on a hill with s curve. I used to have a hard time NOT burning my right rear if I was making a right handed curve up hill. As soon as it starts to spin, grab the gas and brake. But I could just pop the clutch barley off idle and roast mine ;) if I can smoke my 32s with a 4.3 in my new zr2 blazer, surely you can in a v8 powered suv...

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
^^^ right turn FTW. Although this works better on trucks because the left mounted gas tank plants that rear tire and makes it really easy to spin the right one.

JoeTahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow this thread has shown me how many inexperienced drivers there are around here Lmfao!!!!!

Some unbelievable posts boys lol!!

What?

Reaction score
yeah it's bad for your vehicles but I want to do them occasionally. I have a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 LT and I just can't seem to do a burnout with it. it has a smallblock 350 5.7 with the 4L80-E transmission with stock gears. I'll be lifting it eventually and it'll get re geared to 4.88 gears but that just gets it back to factory rpms. why won't my truck do a burnout? I can have both the pedals mashed to the floor and let the brake up a little and nothing happens. does Chevy have a traction control module or something that can't just be turned off and on? I don't have any buttons but is there something under the hood that I can take off or turn off or something?

Don't, unless you want to create and cause problems that may cost more than you can afford.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Honestly, your Suburban is just heavy... With the right tires you could probably do a brake stand but you probably just have some good "grippy" tires. Try wetting the rear tires.
Don't do a neutral drop. That's retarded.
Unless you want to crush your front bumper or chance damaging a building... I wouldn't recommend pulling against a building either..

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright, well I'm not going to use a building and I'm not doing neutral drops. I just wanted to hold the brake at a stop light and light the tires up to make it act like a bad b****. yeah, the gvwr is 7,600 lbs, I weigh 170lbs and I have about 200lbs of crap in the back. I can hold the brake and floor the gas but my tires just won't break loose. I'm getting a programmer soon so maybe unlocking the stuff my computer is holding back will let me do it. my tires have about 15,000 miles on them but they're 265/70/16 radials by Firestone so they're still new. I can burnout when the roads wet but I want Andy burnout to do smoke and what not. I'll try cutting the plate off my throttle body and see what that'll do

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
GVWR stands for Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. Thats what its rated to haul, not what it weighs. If you want to play with it like that, probably in your best interest to pick up a spare set of wheels with smaller, balder tires on them.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You should be able to smoke um easy. My tbi smokes brand new 35s

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Suburban won't burn out so owner cuts off throttle blade and thinks about buying a handheld programmer. WTF is this world coming to.

I'm sorry but this thread and some of the responses here are making my blood boil a little. Guess I'm just getting old.

EDIT - By the way, have fun fixing your rear drums when they shatter from those brake stands. Ask me how I know.

Last edited: