Burnouts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
^ felt this way, then figured i'd offer some useful info, now just letting it go lol.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I was saying that tongue in cheek. Obviously it'd be a dumb idea to pull up to a building and stomp the gas against it. Just having some fun since everything had pretty much been covered.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So what is the GVWR of the 1/2 ton extended cab truck, and the 1/2 ton Burb ? I know the Burb is heaver but by how much ?

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
a quick search turned up curb weights of 4,526 on the extended cab, 4,728 on the suburban, both 4wd models. That sounds pretty close to right to me. So a difference of 202 lbs. Seems kinda strange that the weight of a man could keep a truck from spinning the tires. Probably has more to do with tire width and the state of the engine like others have said. I've never romped on my suburban because I'm trying to preserve it. With 306k, it'd probably do it in.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
The suburban can hold 42 gallons of gas, so 1/2 a tank in each would add a bit more weight to the suburban also. And it's behind the wheels.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks
a quick search turned up curb weights of 4,526 on the extended cab, 4,728 on the suburban, both 4wd models. That sounds pretty close to right to me. So a difference of 202 lbs. Seems kinda strange that the weight of a man could keep a truck from spinning the tires. Probably has more to do with tire width and the state of the engine like others have said. I've never romped on my suburban because I'm trying to preserve it. With 306k, it'd probably do it in.

Werterion

Reaction score
so what your saying is I either need to buy another vehicle or drop a ridiculously large big block Chevy so I can smoke my tires? xD

swap out your rear end for one that is better suited to make that fat ass move lol. in a single cab or extended cab can make those burn no problem for a 5.7 vortec the trans can handle it as long as your not doing it all the time. my buddies burb of same year wouldn't burn till he swapped out his rear (unless the pavement was damp) burbs have fat ass's so you definitely need to swap your rear to get more power to the road from the front.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
I quit reading on the second page. Vise-grip the brake lines or lean it on a BUILDING, git r dun!
This thread is full of so much win, I had to revisit and collect some more cool burnout tips!
Hey OP - rather than delete or add parts to your OBVIOUSLY sick Suburban, why not work to improve its' current state ? Somebody say big block!
Tune it up dude, spare the Vise-grips!
How about a bottle of octane booster or some hi-test? Do you fill it with e85 by chance? Seriously...
Lemme guess. Better than 100k on the ticker, OE tune and ethanol. There is no way in hell your 350 won't rip your new tire to shreds. Really? Vids or it didn't happen. I call bull.
Your truck won't burnout because it's a p.o.s. !
Does it have black wheels and blue headlights?

Oh wait! I've got a good one! This forum likes to throw parts...maybe you should put a crank sensor on it.

Last edited:

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time believing any of y'all took my building comment seriously...

Really? I mean, really?