Am I underpowered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never had the pleasure of owning/driving one of those. Everything else I have at least driven.
The 8100 in my Tahoe came from a rotted out Express van. I tuned it and drove it around a bit before I cut it up to make sure the 8.1L and 4L80E were healthy. Just a basic cargo van with a 4.10 gear and G80. It would smoke the rear tires from a 20 mph roll. Torque for days.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 8100 in my Tahoe came from a rotted out Express van. I tuned it and drove it around a bit before I cut it up to make sure the 8.1L and 4L80E were healthy. Just a basic cargo van with a 4.10 gear and G80. It would smoke the rear tires from a 20 mph roll. Torque for days.
I hear ya, I'm all about cubes and useable mid range torque. Build as much mid range torque as you can and let the hp fall where it may. Gm had to put lektrik motors on their best LS in a vette just to equal what the hellcats and demons have been doing for quite some time in off the floor trim. Smh, not really impressed.But lektrik will definitely boost low end numbers. 600hp frome 5-7 doesn't mean much if you're not in a stick, stalled that high, or on a transbrake. I like 106-108 lsa camshafts in 4 degrees advanced or more. If you ever esperimented wirg camshaft timing maybe you have, many have not 4 degrees can make a world of difference, -4 degrees can make an engine fall on it's face at 5500, + 4 can make one scream to 7k. Sit down with a head porter and cam grinder and there's probably 200+ horse easy out of a GM 572.

Not like I don't read your posts , already ported your heads , discussed the cam with the head guy etc. Talked about timing events IVO, EVC, etc I'm sure there has been some discussion about static compression and DCR based on IVC and where you want to be as far as "pump gas" etc as that usually how those conversations go.

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gm had to put lektrik motors on their best LS in a vette just to equal what the hellcats and demons have been doing for quite some time in off the floor trim. Smh, not really impressed.But lektrik will definitely boost low end numbers.

They didn't HAVE to. They chose to for non-technical reasons IMO.

The E-Ray sits in between the base C8 like I have and the Z06. The top dog is supposedly going the be the C8 Zora.

Hellcats are fun, but once you throw some turns in they're awful.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The E-Ray sits in between the base C8 like I have and the Z06. The top dog is supposedly going the be the C8 Zora.

So they are still trying to "get their LS shyt together"? lol In the grand scheme benz and Bmw not far behind. benz SLR

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they are still trying to "get their LS shyt together"? lol

LT to be precise. The LT6 in the Z06 is really a whole new architecture for them, but they gave it the LT name.

I don't think I've had a car quicker to 100 mph. After 100 it doesn't have the HP to keep on pulling as hard, it's not slow though.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

yeah, agree, different market

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LT to be precise. The LT6 in the Z06 is really a whole new architecture for them, but they gave it the LT name.

I don't think I've had a car quicker to 100 mph. After 100 it doesn't have the HP to keep on pulling as hard, it's not slow though.
don't take offense , just throwing stuff out, closest Mopar ever came to supercar was the Viper, they had their issues.