Building a Crew Cab Short Bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Okay so I've got this idea... I have my two 2WD long beds. The red one is almost finished, the white one is my daily driver but really needs restored. The interior is mint, but other than that the truck has seen better days. I would love to restore it someday down the road. Now heres what I'm thinking.

if I could find a K2500 CCSB 4x4 frame.. I love the 93's interior which is in mint condition, but wish I had 4x4 and would sacrifice the longer bed on this truck since I already have a CCLB. Just a thought, I've got 2 CCLB's why not give it a try. The white trucks bed, fenders are rotten but the cab is definitely salvageable. Now my white truck is my daily right now, so this would be project that would at least be 3-5 years down the road.

I'd ether have to find a K2500 CCSB frame, or deal with the long bed and find a K3500 frame or SAS my 2WD frame.

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shorten the frame on the long bed. That is whas we will be doing on my wife's ccsb build. Draggin95 has a bunch of good information on ccsb trucks.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Shorten the frame on the long bed. That is whas we will be doing on my wife's ccsb build. Draggin95 has a bunch of good information on ccsb trucks.

Do you know what wiring you would need to wire up the 4x4? I really want to use my 93 2WD cab and wiring harness. its set up to run a 4L80E, so it could accept practically any motor, and the interior is all power and loaded for a 93. I think it would be awesome to have a 93 CCSB 2500, because the CCSB wasn't even made until 98 I think.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't help you with the 4wd wiring part, I built a frame for a guy doing a CCSB 4wd, but I have never worked on a 4wd otherwise.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Okay, to the best of my knowledge the only electric in the 4x4 circuit is the 4x4 actuator, the speed sensor should just plug into the transfer case. I'll check mine to see if the plugs are the same. Other than that, they make manual overrides for the the 4x4 actuator which I would probably use anyways.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
4wd wiring would be pretty simple, particularly if you have a donor truck. There is some wiring running from the convenience center to the floor shifter and some to the t-case and front diff. It's all it's own harness except for maybe a couple connections.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Okay that should work well then. Basically I know a guy who buys a lot of parts trucks, I told him I'd go in with him on a CCSB and would dismantle it for him if I could keep the chassis/drivetrain.

he's good at finding stuff, but CCSB's had such a short production run so it should be interesting.