Buddy's 1997 GMC 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like the VSS sensor in the tail shaft of the transmission to me...

If you could find me a diagram of where that is at that would be fantastic! Is it on the transfer case or the transmission? 5.7 vortec, auto tranny, push button 4x4 and z71. Please help?

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also i have a pending P502 which is vehicle speed sensor low input

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you could find me a diagram of where that is at that would be fantastic! Is it on the transfer case or the transmission? 5.7 vortec, auto tranny, push button 4x4 and z71. Please help?

Let me see if this works. Its in the end of the transfer case where the driveshaft connects. Number 10 on this diagram.

Edit: trying again. the part in the red circle

You must be registered for see images attach

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let me see if this works. Its in the end of the transfer case where the driveshaft connects. Number 10 on this diagram.

You must be registered for see images

Thats the part i thought it was but the part carquest gave me is totally different. They say its the right one but i know its not. Im gonna go back tomorrow and make them look again

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wish like heck that I knew how to fix that kind of stuff :bawl:

Anyone know how to fix this?? If you don't get it figured out soon, start another thread, okay? That is worth getting fixed ASAP, especially if that is a DD.

His speed sensor or wiring for it is bad, he even posted the dtc which is telling him exactly that....

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
His speed sensor or wiring for it is bad, he even posted the dtc which is telling him exactly that....

Can you get me a part number of it? carquest cant find the right one. and the diagram didnt work, can anybody post a different one??