Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Dude, 6.5s are badass and super powerful! What are you talking about?! lol!

I'm joking of course, 6.5s are one of the worst diesels to get, but I am pretty sure we all know the worst diesel(s) in history is... *cough* 6.0 & 6.4 *cough*

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
At least the 6.0 can be made reliable. . .

People talk **** about 6.0s all the time, but once they've been bullet-proofed, they'll kick the **** out of anything out there. If I had to get a Ford truck that wasn't an OBS, it'd more than likely be an 06 CCSB with the 6.0/ZF6, but I've only ever seen one set up like that.

Dude, 6.5s are badass and super powerful! What are you talking about?! lol!

I'm joking of course, 6.5s are one of the worst diesels to get, but I am pretty sure we all know the worst diesel(s) in history is... *cough* 6.0 & 6.4 *cough*

6.4 is just a throw away motor, once they go bad, they go so bad it's not economical to even try to rebuild one, it's easier to just toss in another crate and go for another 70K miles before it ***** the bed again. 6.7s are better, but nothing holds a candle to a 7.3 or a bullet proofed 6.0,

Honestly I understand the 6.5 want, I missed out on a CCSB with a 6.5 in it, they wanted $6500 for it, and as soon as I called them they had just sold it. Storm Metallic grey on PYOs and Nitto Terra Graps, I still remember it clearly.

Well gentlemen, the time has come for Big Red to go in for surgery, parked it at the mechanics shop this evening and dropped the spare key off. Hopefully I'll get a call around lunch time it's done,

You must be registered for see images attach

I hope it'll be back to running like a hot damn after all this.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Not if you do it yourself. Thing I don't **** about most diesels is they all seem to have injector issues, that is $$$$$$.

That's about 90% of the issues on trucks I see for sale around here, the other 10% is from complications due to hot tunes, and improper emissions deletes. Sometimes the other two lead to one and vice a versa.
They still want 15-20K for a their broken down truck though.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Sorry for the derail @BowtieBrody! Hope you get her back asap! I see your a fellow Amsoil user! Best **** ever put in a bottle! Lol!

Yup! A little pricy, but going from Pennzoil conventional to Amsoil synthetic was such a noticeable change it sold me on spending a couple bucks more each oil change. Everything I've read says you can go at least a year between oil changes; but every 5,000/6,000 is going to be enough for me.
Do you buy yours offline or do you have a dealer in your neck of the woods? My local Napa is an Amsoil dealer, wish I would've known that before spending $100 on getting oil shipped to my house.

Yeah, he should probably get a few more bottles though.

My mechanic said he'd pick more up, that's all I had in my truck from the last oil change. I wish Amsoil sold the big gallon jugs like everyone else; it's either quart jugs, or 55 gallon drum. And I don't have room for the drum,