Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I'd go with factory wires. They just fit better than aftermarket and they don't screw with the dwell settings either.

I was just figuring on Accel wires because they fit like stock ones in my dad's C3500, plus they're cheaper on Summit than AcDelco wires right now,

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I feel bad for neglecting this thing, it's about 200 miles past due on an oil change (going to flush it all out and switch to Amsoil), it's absolutely filthy on the inside, and one of the LEDs in my cluster burnt out.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Forgot I hadn't updated this in a while.

Got some new meats on this thing, needs a spacer in the rear something terrible now though; and that'll come once I rebuild the suspension on this truck come tax-return time; it's driving me crazy me not being able to make up my mind on how I want to go about fixing this thing up.

Going to have some maintenance planned for the coming weeks, oil flush and change to synthetic, coolant temp sensor, oil pressure sensor, fresh plugs and Accel wires, an MSD coil, Bilstein 4600s and a tuned PCM from Black Bear.

Man you been working hard on this thing since you started this thread! looks killer man!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Welp. Truck's down.

I've been dealing with a coolant leak the past couple of days; from laying under the truck and tracing the stream back it seemed like it's seeping out of the back of the intake. Well today that coolant leak got severe, drove home from work trying to figure out this new mystery squeak in my front end, and as soon as I hopped out of the truck to check everything over I realized it was pissing coolant out FAST.

It looks like it's coming from where the aluminum portion of the rad meets the oil cooler side tank. So it looks like it's time for an upgraded radiator; anyone got any suggestions? I put a 454SS rad in my old 97 Suburban and it worked like a charm; but I haven't seen anything like that for the Vortec 454s. I plan on upgrading the fan too, the wimpy 5-blade metal one just isn't cutting it anymore.

On a lighter note, I'll be researching pretty heavily on the 0411 swap. So hopefully after tax time I can get ahold of Lextech and get the ball rolling.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you wanna be a cheapass you can have a radiator shop install a new end tank.