Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Alrighty everyone update time!

S10 fan on, all the dwellings line up; belt tensioner was coming apart, so that got replaced; radiator status?

O'Reilly's sent a tall neck rad when I need a short neck one, and stupid me didn't catch it until I had the radiator set in the truck.
Soooo. It looks like I'll be calling the radiator shop afterall. **** me.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Alrighty everyone update time!

S10 fan on, all the dwellings line up; belt tensioner was coming apart, so that got replaced; radiator status?

O'Reilly's sent a tall neck rad when I need a short neck one, and stupid me didn't catch it until I had the radiator set in the truck.
Soooo. It looks like I'll be calling the radiator shop afterall. **** me.

Hey it's like when O'Reilly's ****** up my clutch kit for my green truck and I had to remove the transmission a second time and get a proper throwout bearing... from NAPA :eek:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Well gentlemen. It's alive.

My father called the radiator shop 3 times with no answer this morning at work, so I came in and called Napa who ordered the rad and had it in by 1 o'clock. About $100 bucks cheaper than O'Reilly's to boot!
The radiator shop called back as soon as I hung up and as soon as my dad asked if he could fix it, the rad shop guy said no and hung up.

Fought and cussed with it for a good couple hours getting everything cleaned up and tightened up; there's a few leaks I'll need to address, and a hell of a mess to clean up. So I think from now on, I'll just suck it up and pay a mechanic to do it, at least as long as I'm still living under my parent's roof.
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Or just clean up your mess when you're done. You never outgrow cussing and spilling no matter how much you wrench. I've come damn close to not making a mess when pulling an engine but inevitably it tips a smidge on removal and there's coolant everywhere. Just the way it goes.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Or just clean up your mess when you're done. You never outgrow cussing and spilling no matter how much you wrench. I've come damn close to not making a mess when pulling an engine but inevitably it tips a smidge on removal and there's coolant everywhere. Just the way it goes.

I cleaned up as much as I could with what I had; I should've bought more than two bags of floor-dry though. So now I get to spray the garage floor down with degreaser, and scrub and spray until it's clean. I also need to clean up my truck's front end and in the engine bay.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Still cheaper than paying some hack of a mechanic to break all your wire clips and charge you more to come back to fix the leak he created.

Amen. I made the mistake of paying the shop I run to do my motor swap. Younger mechanic broke manifold bolt off in the block..- WHEN REINSTALLING. My boss reemed him out for reusing manifold bolts when I had brand new ones, but in the end I still had to pay the almost 10 hours extra labor.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Amen. I made the mistake of paying the shop I run to do my motor swap. Younger mechanic broke manifold bolt off in the block..- WHEN REINSTALLING. My boss reemed him out for reusing manifold bolts when I had brand new ones, but in the end I still had to pay the almost 10 hours extra labor.
Last time i paid a shop to work on my truck it was because i couldnt find a short in the ignition switch harness. Thats always my absolute last resort, its just sooo expensive.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Everything's back to normal, I need to swap out one of the heater hoses for 5/8 hose at some point, but everything is solid now.

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for the exhaust; when I do the 0411 I plan on deleting Cats and EGR.
I've got headers figured out, Gibson shorties, but the Y-pipe and intermediate are holding me up, I was planning on just using the stock piping already there, but it's been hacked up and welded back into place in the past.

Will this Y-pipe work? Isn't the stock exhaust size like 2 1/2 inch?
www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/31006/10002/-1#reviewTab
And this intermediate pipe maybe?
http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/54020/10002/-1
I plan on using my Jones muffler and Flowmaster 2 1/2 tail pipes, anyone think I'd run into issues?