Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
A 20" rim is far from massive. A 33" tire on it will still have 7.5" of sidewall.

I didn't realize that, most of the 20s I'm around are stock Duramax/2500HD rims, they seem ****** huge;
really a truly there's not any 20" rims that particularly fit my fancy. What are the rims on your K1500?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Well, no big updates on the truck; going in next Thursday for some new oil cooler lines as mine have finally decided to leak. I discovered this wonderful thing when I came out to my truck one morning only to find that someone had parked the Exxon Valdez where my truck had been; dipstick still read full though.

I need the rain to stop so I can pop these babies in, going to do the 4-corner mod and swap my new headlight lenses on my old bases so they'll adjust worth a damn too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also decided to dedicate a little time to one of my other hobbies; model trains. I've got a shitload of these little trains already, and I've still got a few that I have yet to detail, so I grabbed one and weathered it up a bit.

I'm doing some research on cams for when I rebuild the engine, and I've come across Crane Cams; they've got a few listed as towing/daily use/mileage cams and I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on the company, are they decent?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Well my truck has gone back to blowing fuses for the running lamps/gauge illumination lights. So that means I'll have to deal with this rats nest of wiring. Fun.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Thanks! The search for a new truck kicked up after I lunched a transfer case and destroyed the rear planetary on the 4L60E in my old Suburban, all the day before a blizzard;
4 months of searching and looking in VA, NC, and SC, I found this on the other side of Winston Salem in King, NC; it's come a little ways and there's still tons more planned for it!

Washed it today and found more dents in my doors. Not happy, it must've happened when I was in a store with my girlfriend, people just don't have any respect.

Been soaking every single bolt and nut on this thing in preparation for new upper/lower balljoints, inner/outer tie-rods, shocks, and every bushing related to the suspension; still debating on shocks and steering stabilizer. Bilstein or Rancho? I can get a 4-pack of both on Ebay for $250-300 bucks, but the Ranchos come with the stabilizer, decisions decisions......

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The search for a new truck kicked up after I lunched a transfer case and destroyed the rear planetary on the 4L60E in my old Suburban, all the day before a blizzard;
4 months of searching and looking in VA, NC, and SC, I found this on the other side of Winston Salem in King, NC; it's come a little ways and there's still tons more planned for it!

Washed it today and found more dents in my doors. Not happy, it must've happened when I was in a store with my girlfriend, people just don't have any respect.

Been soaking every single bolt and nut on this thing in preparation for new upper/lower balljoints, inner/outer tie-rods, shocks, and every bushing related to the suspension; still debating on shocks and steering stabilizer. Bilstein or Rancho? I can get a 4-pack of both on Ebay for $250-300 bucks, but the Ranchos come with the stabilizer, decisions decisions......
I'm really jealous of this truck, it's so clean

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Not much to report on the truck, drove it to the salvage yard to pick up some parts and it developed a surging issue at around 65-70 miles an hour; it would surge from 2100 to 2300 RPMs if I kept my foot in it, any ideas as to what this could be?

Went camping with my mother and father after the trip, my truck and my father's dually at the campgrounds

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
My truck did a similar thing for a while. Always assumed it was a small vacuum leak as I never had any other issues. Might want to check some lines and see if thay holds any truth