Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thread associated with that pic was interesting as well.

Yes it is. If I followed it correctly he actually ended up with shorties not the cool long tubes in the above picture? And with the headers and tune he gained 42rwtq. I wish he'd separated out the header change from the tune. I don't remember any mention of downstream changes like mufflers or tailpipes. Even if he didn't, I think the 8.1L's have a larger diameter tailpipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know most are probably familiar with the banks system, but a data point for intake inlet and downstream exhaust mods. Their claim is for up to 49 lb•ft gain in peak torque on a L29 7.4L, a similar 12% gain that Waffle saw on clincyoffroad.com with his shorties and tuned 8.1L. Just beware of the risks involved in running the more open lower efficiency air filters in dusty environments.

http://www.bankspowerproducts.com/Banks-Power-49040-Stinger-System-p/49040.htm

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it is. If I followed it correctly he actually ended up with shorties not the cool long tubes in the above picture? And with the headers and tune he gained 42rwtq. I wish he'd separated out the header change from the tune. I don't remember any mention of downstream changes like mufflers or tailpipes. Even if he didn't, I think the 8.1L's have a larger diameter tailpipe.

Correct, ended up with what he called midlength JBA's. And yeah that would have been nice if he would have kept stuff separate, would have been easy enough to do too. It sounded like he kept the tune fairly conservative though, so at least some of the gain can probably be attributed to headers.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I just wonder what would interfere. Don't have an 8.1 GMT800 here to compare to.