Bought another truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck. I agree on the wheelwell trim. Hopefully it isn't rusted under the trim.

I used to work for a shop that installed that trim on new vehicles. I hated putting it on. It always scratched the paint when putting it in place. I figured all those vehicles we did would have rusted wheelwells someday. My dad just did a bunch of rust repair on a 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis that had the stainless fender trim. All four wheelwells were rotted.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up man, ill definately have to double check the fender lips. I know i looked underneath in the wheel wells and everything was still in good condition, but i cant remember what the fender lips were like

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
heres a few more pics of the 98, the engine bay needs a good scrubbin and i need to get a bowtie for the grill and get rid of those ugly parklights and put some clear corners on it. as well as touch up a few minor niqs and scratches and take off the trim on the fenders. they look ok underneath, need a little bit of touching up, i may end up putting the stock trim back on.. we'll see. also going to be undercoating the wheel wells in black.
You must be registered for see images attach

heres a quick pic of my 92, itchin to dust it off and drive her, spring needs to hurry up!

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up man, ill definately have to double check the fender lips. I know i looked underneath in the wheel wells and everything was still in good condition, but i cant remember what the fender lips were like

You are welcome. Keep in mind the fenders rust with the stock trim on a GMT400, so it's a case of "which is the lesser evil?"

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Right now the fender lips arent bad but id like to sand some of the surface rust and respray them and either put clear rock guard on the inner lips or the factory trim back on, not the thick fender trim on now