Bolt on turbo kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcjjones

Reaction score
Does anyone sell a bolt on SBC turbo kit for our trucks? I know there are eBay options, and maybe I’m wrong, but they seem like a “one size fits most” type kits. 95 Silverado with a carb 355. Plan on running a blow through with e85

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with E-85. Unless you're set up with the sensor and computer software to measure the actual alcohol content, and adjust the fuel mix accordingly, it's a tuning nightmare.

E85 varies from ~60% to ~85% actual alcohol content INTENTIONALLY, and a wider range than that in real life, due to screw-ups.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with E-85. Unless you're set up with the sensor and computer software to measure the actual alcohol content, and adjust the fuel mix accordingly, it's a tuning nightmare.

E85 varies from ~60% to ~85% actual alcohol content INTENTIONALLY, and a wider range than that in real life, due to screw-ups.
VP sells it by the drum. It's consistent, but I agree with you on pump e85

Poondart

Reaction score
Does anyone sell a bolt on SBC turbo kit for our trucks? I know there are eBay options, and maybe I’m wrong, but they seem like a “one size fits most” type kits. 95 Silverado with a carb 355. Plan on running a blow through with e85

is your truck a 4x4? if so there are absolutely 0, zilch, nada actual bolt on kits built for our trucks. Also just a heads up the Chevy 350 Vortec is not a good candidate for a turbo, nor is the 355. The heads don’t flow enough for one. You would have to upgrade just about everything to be able to get good gains by turbo’ing it.

I have searched high and low for bolt on turbo kits for our trucks. Of course I am searching for something that fits a ls swapped gmt400 though. There are not any that I know of after searching for months. I made a thread a few months ago asking about turbo kits on this forum. It seems most of the guys here are just not into that type of thing. This isn’t the place to go for turbo questions that’s for sure, or maybe I’m just not liked, not sure really.
Anyway, this is a link one awesome fellow posted on my thread from a couple months ago, very awesome kit with quality parts, just waaaaaaayyyy to rich for my blood. The only problem is this kit is bolt on for a gmt400 with an ls swap. Cxracing does not make a kit for our trucks, but their stuff can be modified to fit our trucks, definitely not a BOLT ON kit though. There are many companies who sell kits for 99-06 gmt 800’s, all of these can be modified to work on your truck. But this trickturbo shop is the only one I have found(thanks to dude on my thread)that comes close to “bolt on”. This kit is for 2 wheel drive though. With a 4x4 the crossover pipe would have to be modified. Not sure how much this helps you since it’s for a ls swapped gmt400, but it’s all I got after a long search myself.

https://trickturbo.com/shop/ols/products/turbo-kit-for-1999-2013-gm-1500-stage-5-trb-kit-for-1991

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is your truck a 4x4? if so there are absolutely 0, zilch, nada actual bolt on kits built for our trucks. Also just a heads up the Chevy 350 Vortec is not a good candidate for a turbo, nor is the 355. The heads don’t flow enough for one. You would have to upgrade just about everything to be able to get good gains by turbo’ing it.

I have searched high and low for bolt on turbo kits for our trucks. Of course I am searching for something that fits a ls swapped gmt400 though. There are not any that I know of after searching for months. I made a thread a few months ago asking about turbo kits on this forum. It seems most of the guys here are just not into that type of thing. This isn’t the place to go for turbo questions that’s for sure, or maybe I’m just not liked, not sure really.
Anyway, this is a link one awesome fellow posted on my thread from a couple months ago, very awesome kit with quality parts, just waaaaaaayyyy to rich for my blood. The only problem is this kit is bolt on for a gmt400 with an ls swap. Cxracing does not make a kit for our trucks, but their stuff can be modified to fit our trucks, definitely not a BOLT ON kit though. There are many companies who sell kits for 99-06 gmt 800’s, all of these can be modified to work on your truck. But this trickturbo shop is the only one I have found(thanks to dude on my thread)that comes close to “bolt on”. This kit is for 2 wheel drive though. With a 4x4 the crossover pipe would have to be modified. Not sure how much this helps you since it’s for a ls swapped gmt400, but it’s all I got after a long search myself.

https://trickturbo.com/shop/ols/products/turbo-kit-for-1999-2013-gm-1500-stage-5-trb-kit-for-1991
CX Racing makes a kit for a SBC. Realistically, that's as close as anyone is going to get without price being an obstacle. Face it, looking for a "bolt on kit" for a relatively unpopular motor to turbo, in a relatively unpopular chassis to make fast is unlikely to be successful. Your motor is way more popular to turbo, but still few people swap them into OBS trucks, because, well, they already come in trucks. I get the "because I can" factor, but relatively unpopular mods are never gonna be a simple bolt on affair.

bcjjones

Reaction score

I have no earthly idea what makes you think a 355 isn’t a good candidate for a turbo.

Poondart

Reaction score
I have no earthly idea what makes you think a 355 isn’t a good candidate for a turbo.

Ok, let me rephrase that. It’s not a good candidate with a stock bottom end. The stock bottom end cannot support high HP. The reason people are going crazy over ls motors these days is because the stock bottom ends support up to and in many case over 1k hp.
Sure any motor is a good candidate when you plan on replacing every stock part with a forged piece.

I stand by my statement. And can direct you to a professional named Richard Holdener, who will explain why.