Body lift rear bumper & gaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
I dont have any problems unless I'm putting alot of strain on the motor like if I'm riding on the beach for long periods of time. Otherwise its fine. I've towed boats and trailers with it and never had a problem.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where are the 6 bolts that hold your bed down? I can only seem to find 4?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
where are the 6 bolts that hold your bed down? I can only seem to find 4?

Just keep lookin- there's four main ones and then some less obvious ones as well. Just look for any bolts going up into the bed- IIRC, some are pretty hard to reach. I think mine actually had 8 bolts holding it in, contrary to what the instructions said I would have....

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
would my tow hitch be getting in the way of some bolts?
also do I need to remove my rear bumper to get to some?

Last edited:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
would my tow hitch be getting in the way of some bolts?
also do I need to remove my rear bumper to get to some?

You shouldn't have to do anything with your hitch nor the bumper, but if you are relocating your bumper it has to come off anyways. The bolts are going to be in the frame, since that is what the bed is bolted to. Just start at one end and slowly look it all over and see if you can find any more bolts. They aren't all the same size IIRC

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what did you guys do about the parking break? also im having a tough time getting my front bumper to line up. My grill isn't sitting right. Im going to mess with it more tomorrow.. I only got the cab done today, Did it nearly all by myself ;( lol

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also is it possible to change my gas extension without loosening the star-key bolts?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
what did you guys do about the parking break? also im having a tough time getting my front bumper to line up. My grill isn't sitting right. Im going to mess with it more tomorrow.. I only got the cab done today, Did it nearly all by myself ;( lol

You undo the cable snap right there under the driver door, put in the extension and reroute it... I think... its been a year since I did it. As for the bumper and the grill, just be sure to put it back the way you took it apart. Make sure the brackets are on good, but loose enough that you can jiggle the bumper to where you want it and then clamp her down. It ain't easy by yourself- I know, I had to do it myself too.... :( And it took me 2 days. As for the grill, just make sure you get all those little clips in first before you put any screws in.

also is it possible to change my gas extension without loosening the star-key bolts?

Um... I loosened mine, but technically I suppose you don't have to. Just cut it now, lift it and then stick in your extension afterwards. Keep us posted.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will do, where did you put your extension at? I cant seem to find a good place to add it?