Body lift rear bumper & gaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got my zone 3" in today. I was looking all over here to find what some people did for gap guards and relocating rear bumper but didnt have much luck...I have a towing hitch on mine and I was planning on swapping and 180ing my rear brackets but i dont want all that open gap between my towing hitch and my bumper. Any got ideas or cheap solutions? Also what are some materials you guys use beside sheet metal for those gap guards?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got my zone 3" in today. I was looking all over here to find what some people did for gap guards and relocating rear bumper but didnt have much luck...I have a towing hitch on mine and I was planning on swapping and 180ing my rear brackets but i dont want all that open gap between my towing hitch and my bumper. Any got ideas or cheap solutions? Also what are some materials you guys use beside sheet metal for those gap guards?

I bought my gap guards and the bumper relocator :gr_grin:

But I would say don't worry about the gap between the hitch and the bumper- a low bumper looks worse :imo:

Some guys use thick plastic or just sheet metal.

Can't wait to see your lift on! Bet your pumped!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea rubber like mudflap material.

not much to do with the hitch, maybe hidden hitch or burb hitch to move it up more, or make a gap filler between the two or leave the bumper down and make a filler between it and the bed.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
You can get bumper relocater brackets, and hidden hitch, somebody on here used the rubber strip thing that you can get from lowes or other hardware stores that goes around flower beds

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's mine after the lift- don't look bad at all :imo:

I would lift your hitch ...:think: Same with your exhaust, your tips look so low :O but again, your truck looks so nice that those minor details dont even matter! :roflsquared:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Exhaust is going to go up, don't worry... I just have to make a special day to go do it. I'm not too worried about the hitch though. I might mess with it someday but it's not priority.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes:) i am so pumped!!! last lifted truck i had was a 99 f350 7.3l, with 35s and 4" lift :) (and smoke stacks!!!) but i sold it cause i went back to college full time....meanwhile back at the ranch... I can't wait!! down here in sw virginia the weather is suppose to be 67!! its crazy, so i may try to this weekend.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would agree, pipes look worse then the hitch.

I would just move em like ya said, then paint the hitch, that'd hide it more

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone thought of drilling and bolting the hitch to the top ear of the frame instead of the bottom??,,, i did it too my s-10 years ago to hide the hitch under a roll pan,,, just thought