Body lift rear bumper & gaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
when I had my hitch on and wanted a body lift I thought of moving it to the top of the frame, wasn't sure if it'd work, never tried it. I don't tow so I just removed it, now it's kicking around the garage LOL.

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I can have the exhaust guy move my hitch too.... he's a good friend of mine and he'd do it cheap

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha do it, just hope you dont have to tow anything very heavy. I usually tow my mower or a couple four wheelers so i have to keep my hitch.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I can have the exhaust guy move my hitch too.... he's a good friend of mine and he'd do it cheap

Do it man!!

haha do it, just hope you dont have to tow anything very heavy. I usually tow my mower or a couple four wheelers so i have to keep my hitch.

If its done right, their would be nothing to worry about. A good welder would know what to do to make it work.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no never painted it, got busy with other things, moving, baby, bought a house, so maybe sometime soon I can buy more materials to start on it sometime.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay.. Any key things I should do when putting on the body lift? or any things that will make it easier?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
okay.. Any key things I should do when putting on the body lift? or any things that will make it easier?

Spray all the bolts down with WD-40 or something like that to help get them loosened up ahead of time would be a good idea.

Having another guy around always helps too, especially when it comes to lifting the bed.

Don't lift stuff before your supposed to or you might break something. (steering coloumn needs to be lengthened first, parking brake cable loosened, fuel filler removed, wires and brakelines) and just go up nice and slow, making sure nothing is binding or twisting. It's pretty easy, just can be a little time consuming.

But like all things remember: patience owns brutality. The hardest part really is moving the bumpers and adjusting the fan shroud.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i saw a guy that put on a hitch for a roll pan setup and it came out right below his 3" body lifted bumper just something to look into it loooked exactly stock afterward

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, i plan on doing it this weekend if i can get some help. so i will spray pb blast on all the bolts tomorrow. is there anything I have to cut besides the Gas tube to add the extension?

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as for the brake lines did you guys have any troubles? what did you do to extend them?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is no need to extend the brake lines, just have to watch them when jacking and undo a couple of the holders for them. Also its good choice to add larger plates (size of OE body mount) on the top of the pucks to keep them from poking through the floor after time.