BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just something to think about - do these trucks move enough air to utilize rear vents?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Just something to think about - do these trucks move enough air to utilize rear vents?
I read on here somewhere that the '98 up crews had floor ducts for the HVAC like the Burbs. But I haven't actually seen one that did. Something I would like to retrofit to Rawhide if it is available....that one middle duct isn't quite enough when it's really Hot....

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I had the AC fixed up on the red truck it would blast air to the backseats no problem; my dad's C3500 was the same way.
I know the AC works, but I busted the control panel when I was removing the sub wiring.
I read on here somewhere that the '98 up crews had floor ducts for the HVAC like the Burbs. But I haven't actually seen one that did. Something I would like to retrofit to Rawhide if it is available....that one middle duct isn't quite enough when it's really Hot....
My K3500 has them, my brothers K2500 had them, my dad's old C3500 had them, and my K1500 Suburban had them. I've never paid attention to how common or rare they were; I though it was weird my brother's 97 ECSB K2500 had rear vents though.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I had the AC fixed up on the red truck it would blast air to the backseats no problem; my dad's C3500 was the same way.
I know the AC works, but I busted the control panel when I was removing the sub wiring.

My '99 ecsb had the rear ducts. I removed them, as the fan doesn't seem to move much air and I was hoping that with fewer vents it would push more air volume through the front vents. Not sure if it made any difference though.

I wish somebody made a faster (or something?) fan for these things. I have insulated the entire truck (my passenger floor used to be hot like yours) made all doors/ducts function correctly, removed the metal piece above the air intake, made the AC function better than oem, and it works good. It should work great.

HVAC on the gmt400's seem to be something that wasn't engineered very well.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pearl has them.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Pearl has them.
You must be registered for see images attach
There's the picture I was looking for. I thought I had a similar one saved from when I tore the carpet out of my old dark green '98 crew cab (the shop wrecker monstrosity with the Frito 19.5's) and took it to the car wash for blasting it clean. What a chore.. hefting wet crew cab carpet back into the bed for the trip home is tougher than one might think.

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's the picture I was looking for. I thought I had a similar one saved from when I tore the carpet out of my old dark green '98 crew cab (the shop wrecker monstrosity with the Frito 19.5's) and took it to the car wash for blasting it clean. What a chore.. hefting wet crew cab carpet back into the bed for the trip home is tougher than one might think.

Richard
We just did the same thing with the carpet. Unfortunately it didn't turn out well so we'll probably have to replace ours.