BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hydroboost is leaking like a screen door on a submarine, let it sit or a little while now and replace the entire unit or just throw a seal kit at it for the mean time?

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not that hard... don't be in a hurry, maybe don't do it in the dark outside on your RV pad while its snowing, go slow, you'll be fine.

I think I hurry- tightening everything and had the big oring off alignment and gacked it. It's really pretty easy.

Hell I did mine (and re-did it) in the pre-youtube era using nothing but the little print out that came with it.

You got this!

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What could possibly go wrong?

(Picture when my steering rack rebuild had a backwards seal-filled the bellows in about 3 seconds FULL of ATF).
You must be registered for see images attach

Do it, you'll be fine. You can't really mess up the hard parts so worst case you have to tear down and do it again.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just been driving the truck the past few weeks, I did flush the power steering and filled it back up with Lucas PS fluid and it doesn't seem to be leaking now? I didn't do the "Stop Leak" power steering since I can't stand anything like that, gums everything up and makes the issue 10 time worse.
Probably still going to replace the hydroboost at some point though.

Attachments

• PXL_20230521_152949772.jpg
    PXL_20230521_152949772.jpg
    634.4 KB · Views: 8