Bluex's 78 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two questions for ya

How much of a drop did you have on it as a long box

And how difficult were the seats to install?
2.5" spindles up front 4" in the back with shackles an hangers.

For those seats you'll need another set of squarebody tracks to mount to the seats. Then something to mount them in the front center, I used parts from the 400 tracks.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So for the seat its pretty much the same deal as it would be to go from bench to 60/40 in a bench seat 400
I don't think so,the floor under the seat in a square isn't exactly flat. Heres basically what I did. I didnt cut those brackets off the sliders like he did though.

http://bowtieguy.proboards.com/thread/1224/95-seat-split-bench-installed

There are also differences between 73-80 seat tracks an 81+. That was some of my problem as I had a set of each style.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going under the knife tomorrow for the manual trans swap. Going to pull the whole front clip an reseal the engine while it is all out. Hopefully it will be back up an running by March.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be tomorrow before I get to start now weather isn't cooperating today very much :(

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Hey hey hey love seeing stuff get moving!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what it will take to swap to a manual. Idly considering the idea for my '84 since I have a lead on a donor truck.
Well the only thing I'll be using from a square is the pedal mounting bracket so it might not be very helpful for you lol