Black Coffee's 98' RCSB 4wd build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Think I'll be buying the tonneau cover in the next like 5 days. Gonna have a local 4wd shop put on the steps because I don't have a drill of that magnitude right now or a punch to do it with. I'd hate to slip and **** up... Its worth the $60-80 for them to do it.. Even though I HATE to just give my money away to people that charge $80.00 a hour to work on trucks. They think there doctors or something. Gonna have my door handles in and out replaced and a lot of interior peices replaced or redyed here by Friday or Monday. Gonna see if I can't mount the compressor and tank today. Lots of stuff to do very little time to do it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL I feel ya on the mechanics hrly wages. **** ain't right :nono: Most of the time they do half ass work anyway.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly! Yeah I just ALWAYS **** up on drilling large diameter holes in thick metal ha as stupid as that sounds..

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got them bitches on there saved myself some $$$ really wasn't to hard, didn't know I had 2 vice grips. The steps look **** and I'm very happy with the outcome, really sturdy and AUSOME for stepping into the truck, I'm 5'9 and getting into my truck was like a I dont know, 15% annoyance? So it didn't really bug me at all, but sometimes when I'm worn out or cranky or whatever its just nice to have some steps or for whatever else a steps good for. Also my girlfriend will greatly appreciate it and my grandma or whoever else is short ha. Now I can have my seats re done and not worry about my slightly over weight friends dragging their ***** into my truck.

Last edited:

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Soon as I get another phone tomorrow I'll post some pics. Lost my evo 2 days ago mowing lawns.. Sucks ass. Hey man, if you don't mind me asking, you've got a dana 44 front? How much did that end up putting you back? Was it difficult?

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
soo...do you still happen to have that black painted diesel bumper sitting around???

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope man, scrap hauled it. Besides, I really am dissapointed with the quality from LMC trucks body panels/bumpers etc. My bumper had problems they were miniscule but really annoying.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333